Chapter Five

The next morning I sleepily made French toast for everyone. I had barely gotten any sleep last night because I had been reading f/n.

"Morning, y/n," Bucky said as he entered the kitchen. "What are you making?"

"French toast," I grumbled, flipping it in the pan.

Everyone else slowly filed in, but I noticed the absence of a specific dark-haired god.

"Is Loki going to have breakfast? I made some for him," I said.

"He probably won't come out. He doesn't like us," Tony said, his mouth full of French toast.

I pursed my lips and made up a plate for Loki.

"Where are you going?" my brother asked me, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"I'm bringing Loki some breakfast," I said, rolling my eyes. "He doesn't deserve to starve because he doesn't enjoy our company."

"Well once you've done that, do you want to train?" Bucky asked me.

"Sure," I replied, heading towards the elevator.

"No! She's still on the mend!" Pietro called.

I then heard lots of argument following the statement. I decided that I was going to train anyway, whether my brother liked it or not.

I got to my floor and walked to Loki's room. I knocked on his door. There was no answer.

"Loki?" I asked softly, knocking again.

Loki opened the door and glared at me. When he realised it was me, his gaze softened, but only slightly.

"Can I help you?" he asked. I held out the plate.

"I made breakfast, but you weren't downstairs, so I brought you some," I said brightly, extending the plate.

He tentatively took the plate of French toast.

"What is it?" he asked me.

"It's called French toast," I explained. "Its basically fried bread with cinnamon, sugar, egg and syrup."

"Thank you," he said softly.

I smiled at him before turning towards my room. I heard him shut his door and I entered my room. I changed into some workout clothes and then headed down to the training rooms. I found Bucky waiting for me with his hair tied up in a bun. I walked over to the mat.

"Go easy on me?" I asked weakly, knowing the answer would be no.

"Because you're on the mend?" he asked me sarcastically.

I scowled and Bucky smirked before tackling me to the ground. I wheezed after getting the wind knocked out of me.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" I grumbled, frowning.

"The enemy won't care about that," Bucky said as I got to my feet.

Bucky lunged at me again, but this time I was ready. I twirled out of the way. He turned back around and went to punch me, but I dodged and grabbed his arm. I twisted it around his back and put a blade of fire that I conjured against his throat.

"I thought we weren't using powers?" Bucky questioned.

"You've got to be prepared for anything," I said, letting go of his arm and vanishing the flame.

Bucky and I continued to spar for a few hours until I collapsed onto the floor, gasping for breath and extremely sweaty.

"I'm done," I panted.