Epilogue

I exhaled deeply, steeling my nerves. Today was my wedding day. Today was the day I was going to marry the love of my life.

We were getting married on Asgard. Odin let us invite the Avengers and a few other humans including Pepper, Fury, Maria, and Peter.

We wanted the wedding to be a mix of Midgardian and Asgardian. Our outfits were Midgardian while most of the other things were Asgardian.

I stood in a foyer with Wanda and Natasha who were my bridesmaids, and Pietro, who was going to give me away. The girls both wore floor length silver dresses with a slight open back. They both held f/c flowers with golden bands wrapped around the stems.

Pietro wore a grey suit with a black tie.

My wedding dress was the traditional white with a sweetheart neckline and no sleeves. The dress billowed out around me, making me feel like a princess.

My hair was half up, half down with white flowers entwined into it. I held a big bouquet of f/c flowers.

Natasha began to walk down the aisle. She looked so graceful. I wanted to peek so I could see Loki, but Wanda wouldn't let me.

Wanda walked down the aisle before me as my maid of honour. Pietro linked our arms. When we got the signal, we exited the foyer and entered the courtyard.

I looked down the aisle and almost stumbled. Loki wore a three-piece suit with an emerald green tie. He looked like a god.

I reached the end of the aisle and Pietro let go of me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before turning to face Loki. He had a radiant smile on his face and tears in his eyes. He lifted my hand to his mouth and kissed it.

"You look beautiful," he murmured.

I smiled as Frigga began to speak.

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of Y/n Maximoff and Loki Odinson."

She made us repeat our vows and exchange rings.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, Prince and Princess of Asgard. You may now kiss the bride."

Loki leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and everyone cheered. Flower petals were thrown into the air and joyful music played. We were led to the massive dining room in the palace for the reception.

Loki and I had our first dance as husband and wife. We twirled around the room gracefully, Loki leading the way. Soon enough, others joined us.

A slower song came on and I lay my head on Loki's shoulder.

"You look beautiful, Wife," he murmured.

"You look as handsome as ever, Husband," I replied.

Eventually we all sat down to have dinner. Before we started, Thor came up to me and placed his hammer in my lap.

"It is tradition," he said, and winked.

I just rolled my eyes and Loki glared daggers at him. Thor removed the hammer, and we began the feast.

After the feast, we cut the cake. It was a three tiered white cake with golden rims and edible emeralds on the top.

Once everyone had settled down from the cake, Loki grabbed my hand and walked me to the centre of the room. Frigga stood there like she did when she officiated the wedding. Loki grabbed both of my hands.

"Y/n," Loki said. "I love you. So much. You are the only thing I have ever been sure about in my life."

I smiled at him, tears forming in my eyes. He leaned down and kissed me. When he pulled back, he looked to his mother and nodded. Frigga smiled and began to speak.

"Loki Odinson, do you willingly wish to tie your life to the Midgardian, Y/n Maximoff?"

I froze. I looked Loki in the eyes. He was already gazing at me.

"I do," he said, smiling at me and keeping eye contact.

"Do you willingly give up your immortality to spend the rest of your life with Y/n?"

Tears began streaming down my face.

"I do," he said.

"I then tie your life to Y/n Maximoff," Frigga finished.

She waved her hands and golden mist encased us. It swirled around us, twisting and twirling through the air. I embraced Loki, fisting my hands in the back of his jacket. He gripped my waist tightly.

"I love you," I wept.

"I love you, too," he said.

We pulled back and there were tears in his eyes.

"I can't wait to live my life with you," he whispered, kissing me.

A/N

Oh man, the epilogue. Thank you to everyone who read, voted and commented on this fic. It gave me a lot of motivation to continue writing it. I loved writing this fic and I am sure I will be writing a lot more. If you could check out my Steve x Reader that would be great, but you don't have to.

Thank you for joining me on this journey <3

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson