Chapter Twelve

I groaned at the sunlight streaming through the curtains. My head was pounding, and the sunlight wasn't making it any better.

"Oh, you're awake," I heard a voice say.

I cracked my eyes open and turned to see Loki sitting on my bed, leaning against the headboard, reading his book. He picked up a glass of water and handed it to me. I sat up and gulped it down.

"What- what happened?" I croaked.

Loki rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"What happened was Thor gave you some Asgardian mead," he said heatedly.

I closed my eyes as I tried to remember. I remembered Thor getting really drunk... Tony convincing me to drink the mead...

I groaned as the memories came rushing back.

"Please tell me I didn't do anything embarrassing," I moaned.

"Hardly. I took you up here before you could," he replied.

I sighed, slumping against the headboard.

"I made you breakfast," Loki said after a moment, making a tray appear over my legs. "The tea will cure you," he said, and then continued reading his book.

I dug into the breakfast and gulped the tea down, burning my throat along the way. As soon as I finished the tea, I felt instantly better. I got up and stretched my limbs before heading towards my door.

"Where are you going?" Loki demanded from behind me.

"To heal the team," I sighed.

I heard Loki scramble to get to me. He started fussing over me, which I rolled my eyes at, but secretly loved. I went to each Avenger's room and cured them from the terrible hangovers they would surely have had.

Eventually, everyone made their way to the kitchen where I was making pancakes. Everyone got some and sat down to eat. I even convinced Loki to have some, but that might have been a bad idea because he began to subtly steal everyone else's. No one was hungover which was great, but the news we received after breakfast was not.

"There's an invasion under way," Natasha said, checking her guns.

"We're gonna need everyone. That means you too, Reindeer Games," Tony added when Loki didn't look up from his book.

Everyone looked shocked, including Loki himself.

"Chop, chop!" Tony said when he didn't move.

Everyone sprung into motion, getting suited up. My suit was a black cat suit with f/c highlights down the seams.

We all got into the quinjet and arrived at the scene. A massive portal was open in the middle of the street with big, blue creatures pouring out of it. The creatures were attacking civilians and wreaking havoc. I felt Loki freeze behind me, and Thor tensed.

"Frost Giants," they both said, although Loki's voice was more of a strangled whisper.

Thor explained what they were. That was when they noticed us. They all came running at us like a tidal wave.

"Let's melt these snowmen," I said, rolling my head and cracking my knuckles.

"She beat me by one second, I swear," Tony said before we all jumped into action.

I stayed near Loki, mainly using my fire abilities as it was the Frost Giants' weakness. I ducked, dodged, and attacked the Frost Giants.

I felt it in my heart when Wanda was stabbed with an icicle. I screamed with her, and Pietro picked me up, taking me to her. I blasted the Frost Giant that stabbed her with fire, turning him to ash. I knelt beside my sister, pressing my hands against her side.

"You'll be okay," I repeated over and over frantically.

My healing power flowed through me like a river, slamming into Wanda's wound, and within seconds, she was fully healed. I stood up but swayed, and Pietro steadied me.

"Y/n, go to the quinjet," he demanded.

"No, I'm fine," I said, standing up on my feet.

Before he could say or do anything, I jumped back into the fight, blasting Frost Giants with my power.

No matter how many Frost Giants we killed, more just seemed to appear. Eventually we were overwhelmed. Tony's suit was smashed in and Steve's shield was dented. Natasha and Clint had run out of ammo and even Thor and Loki were tiring.

I suddenly knew what I had to do. I grabbed onto Loki's shoulder after we were clear.

"Cover me," I said, not looking at the Frost Giant coming up behind me as I threw a fireball at it.

"No," he said in a firm voice. "I'm not letting you do it."

"It's our only option!" I hissed at him, when another quinjet landed and a wave of SHIELD agents ran out and into the battle.

"You were saying?" he said.

"We still won't win," I said, looking at the fight.

"You can't do this," he hissed, grabbing my shoulders.

"Why not? It's the only way we'll win!" I yelled back at him.

"Because I can't lose you!" he yelled. "I care about you too much! I have never once in my life felt the way I feel about you and I'm not going to lose it, even if I won't act upon it!"

I froze before I made a split-second decision. Grabbing his shoulders, I pulled him close to me and connected our lips. He was shocked for a moment but then moved his lips in sync with mine. I pulled away and placed a hand on his cheek.

"I have to do this," I said quietly, but I knew he heard.

He pressed a kiss against my palm and reluctantly nodded. I turned around and looked at the carnage. I dived into my power, bringing as much up as possible. The air around me heated and fire swirled around my body. I took a step towards the creatures invading my city. Some of them looked at me in fear while others put on brave faces.

After making sure my teammates were behind me, I let go of my power. It lunged towards the Frost Giants, incinerating them instantly. Some of them began running for the portal.

I took at deep breath and pushed all of my power outward. The explosion caused my ears to ring, but it melted every single Frost Giant. The last thing I saw was the portal closing and Loki running for me before I lost consciousness. 

A/N

Hey lovelies! Here's chapter 12! Loki and y/n kissed!! Yay! Please vote and comment what you think <3

P.S. Meme isn't mine

~ LadyLokiLaufeyson