21

Taehyung stood still, tears kept flowing unconditionally as he looked at the younger who was already asleep,curled on the floor.

He slowly made his way towards the other after a few minutes of just looking at him with sad eyes. He silently crouched down before him but got startled when jungkook sat up as soon as he did so,no trace of sleepiness on his face.

"What happened? Is something wrong?",jungkook signed frantically but got confused when he saw the other crying heavily.

"Even in his sleep, he never lets his guards down. What did he do to experience such a life,god!? Why did you let him suffer to this extent?",taehyung thought as he continued crying.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?",jungkook asked as he cautiously yet gently touched taehyung's hand,snapping the said male out of his thoughts.

"Why are you….why are you sleeping on the floor,darling?",he asked as he looked sadly at the other who tilted his head questioningly.

"What's wrong with that?"

"What's...what's wrong with that? Why are you sleeping on the floor while you have a whole King sized bed for yourself,koo?",he asked as he cupped the other's face with his hands.

"But…...its yours….I can sleep on the floor. You sleep on the bed",he signed back.

"No,koo. You sleep on the bed and I'll take the couch. No more arguement.",he said as he looked at the younger who just stared blankly at him.

"Infact…..even if we go back home,you are going to sleep on the bed from now on.",he said and before jungkook could reply anything, taehyung lifted him up in bridal style and gently placed him on the bed.

"Sleep tight,darling. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me. Alright?",he asked as he tucked him under the blanket and smiled softly when he saw the other looking at him blankly like always.

"Good night, sweetheart",he said and kissed his forehead before walking towards the couch.

It was almost 1 am when taehyung woke up to the sounds of whimpering and soft cries, making him confused which instantly transformed into concern when he saw jungkook crying silently while thrashing around in his sleep.

He instantly rushed towards the younger and hugged him tightly as he muttered sweet nothings while the little one was still caught up in whatever dream he was locked up in.

"Darling!Kookie! Wake up! Its just a nightmare! Wake up,koo. Its not real. Its just a dream!",he tried his best to wake up the other and sighed in relief when he saw the other slowly open his eyes.

"Darling~ I'm here. You have me. You're with me. Don't worry,koo. Breathe. Just concentrate and continue breathing",he said as he rubbed the still crying boy's back soothingly.

"Its okay.. its okay...everything is alright. I'm here.",he continued chanting the same words until he could hear the other's even breathe.

"Go back to sleep,koo. I'll keep holding you like this",he assured as he wiped the stray tears from jungkook's face who kept staring at him with an unreadable expression.

"I'll always be there for you,darling. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore.Just have this thought in your mind and go back to sleep,alright? Don't think about anything which haunts you.",he said as he caressed the younger boy's head softly before hugging him protectively.

The next time taehyung woke up,he hummed in confusion as he felt a weight on top of him but became smiley once his eyes caught up with his beautiful husband.