CHAPTER 39.

* The hobby that I could never give up is writing *

"happy birthday Alex! " she squealed from the other end with her tiny voice

"thanks, but how did you get to know it was my birthday? "

"oh I just happened to, I met an angel in my dream and you know " she chuckled "got to go, see you whenever " she hung up

Just after my call with Sarah, my friends called using video call. Maybe today would turn out great.

I picked a black long gown and throw it on, I tie a black scarf on my hair and hung a black cross neck bag on my neck I don't care how I look right now.

"Happy birthday Alex" My mum,Tyler and Taylor squealed as I walked out of my room. My mum had a white butter cream cake with 18candles in her hand that had an inscription on it ' our angel is 18 '.

"Thank you" I smiled as they all gently pull me in a teddy bear hug

"Make a wish baby" my mum urged me

" I wish we all would be happy" I blew out the candle.

The ride to my dads grave was quite long but we finally got there. We came down from the car, it was dads favourite car.

"Dad" I called softly as I picked up the dirt on the grave bed " I just want you to let you know I love you always and forever, I'm finally 18, I'm finally an adult I wish you were here with us to celebrate" I wiped away the tears that had escaped from my eyes with the back of my palm "mum has been good to us, I wish we could be one big family again, I had always wanted you to see my children, I had always wanted you to see me have my own family, rest on dad" I dropped the bunch of black rose I had bought from the shopping mall down the road.

we all spent the day lying on the grave bed talking from time to time like our dad was here with us and it was time to go home.

" Goodnight dad, goodbye" we all said.

I felt better afterall over the years I had felt the absence of my dad but now I felt the feeling of being at ease, that feeling you get when something is off your mind.

"would you like to grab some snack?" mum asked

"yes!" Taylor answered and mum pulled the car in front of a pizza hut.

*******
We got to the home few minutes later and surprisingly I felt a feeling of happiness inside of me, I felt free, I felt relief I don't know why all this feeling but its how I felt.

I happened to be the first to get down from the car.
"Did we off the lights inside" I asked when I realized the lights was switched off because it was unusual we usually left the light on when we were not at home especially the sitting room light

"I guess so" Taylor smiled at me I walked towards the door.

A rope was hanging on the door with a paper that read 'pull me'. I looked at Taylor who was behind me and she smiled a big smile

" come on pull it" she urged me and I did.

The next thing that happened was not what I was expecting. Black and gold balloons fell on me, they had different inscription "happy birthday teddy bear" was the first one my eyes caught and its definitely from Tristan because only him calls me that. Something is up,I looked at Tayler, Taylor and my mum all the three acting weird

I pushed the open the door and used my hand to search from the light button and switched it on.

"Happy birthday Alex!!!" everyone pulled me a teddy bear hug. Ivy, Helen,Winnie, Sarah, Wesley, Kyle, Donny and Tristan.

I was so shocked I couldn't believe it the sitting room was beautifully decorated with balloons, sparking light and pictures of me from when I was a baby till now and the center table had Three butter cake, a number of cupcake with yellow and red cream frosted, five box of pizza, two chicken barbecue, chocolate candy and two birthday cards.

" hurry up and change" Sarah smiled at Me

" Thanks guys" I smiled back at them I've got the best best friends

I quickly took my clothes off and had a quick shower, I'm currently in a rush as the rest are waiting for me downstairs. I threw on a white stripeless dress that stopped a little above my kneels I did a mild makeup just concealer, brown powder, mascara and nude champstick. I straighten my hair with a hair straightener and allow my hair fall on my shoulder.

"Damn we're all waiting Alex" Taylor yelledd from behind my room door

"just a minute" I yelled back whilst putting on my silver heels.

"Gosh you look fucking beautiful" Taylor said to me as I walked out of my room

"Thanks" I smiled

*********
"Y' all made my 18year birthday memorable" I smiled as I cut my last cake.

They all sang happy birthday for me, we took pictures ate to our satisfaction, watched movie played game and so on it was my best birthday party ever since my dad passed away.

************
So I uploaded two chapters today show me some love by voting and leave a comment

Who thought Tristan was gonna propose when Alex saw the rope hanging on the door? 😁😁😁
Well I did

Message me I'm bored 😌