Flaming Skulls

[James' POV]

Soon, the bus arrives at the bus stop and me and Marcy stepped on. As my twin went to sit with her friends, I look around to find my best friend. I easily find him due to him waving at me. I smile as I shake my head, amused by his actions, and go to sit with him. Once I sit down I can see his looks. He was African American with a small afro on his head. Hie eyes were brown and he wore a blue vest with a collared shirt underneath along with khaki pants and sneakers.

"Wassup, James?" my friend asks me, offering me a fistbump.

"Nothing much, Quinton," I tell the teen. "You?"

"Nothing much, either," Quinton tells me. "I am working on a new invention though!"

"Oh really, Mr. McGarkey?" I ask my friend playfully. "And is it another bomb?"

"Hey! You know it's not my fault most of my inventions blow up!" Quinton says, defending himself.

"Ease up, Doc," I tell Quinton. "Only joking with you."

"Anyways... have you heard the news?" the junior inventor asks me.

"You got yourself a girlfriend?" I tease my friend.

"What? NO!" Quinton says, blushing. "I mean the news about what happened at the cemetery. Did ya hear?"

"This kid knows too much. I say we take him out."

"You are not touching Quinton!" I tell Zarathos a bit louder than I wanted to.

"Um... who're you talking to, James?" Quinton asks me.

"Er... no one, Doc," I lie. "Please, continue."

"Uuuuuuuh, right," Quinton says and ignores my outburst. "Okay, so there was a gang meeting last night at the cemetery with the Blood and the Right Eyes and they were making a deal. The Right Eyes were giving a girl to the Blood while the Blood paid for her."

My eyes widened at the mention of last night. Seems as if the entire night wasn't changed.

"But then suddenly a man arrived and started to kill both gangs!" Quinton informed me. "And the girl was the only one left alive, and told the police about that night and also described the man."

"And what did the man look like?" I ask, starting to sweat.

"Well, that's just it! He wasn't a man!" Quinton tells me. "From what the lady described, he was skeleton... THAT WAS ON FIRE! I even put the description in my digital art maker and out came this!"

At that, Quinton pulled out a paper from his backpack and handed it to me. What I saw gave me chills. It was indeed a flaming skeleton. He was wearing a leather jacket that was unzipped to an extent to show only the chest region and no shirt, revealing a bare ribcage that also showed flames as well as wearing denim jeans and leather boots. The monster's eye sockets showed to be dark and empty, with exception of fire emitting from them. He held flaming chains that had sharp curved hooks on the ends of them and looked painful to be hit with.

Is... is that what I looked like last night? I ask mentally.

"Yes. I'm sorry if it seems to be a bit much, but I am supposed to strike fear in the sinful and guilty."

Zarathos?! You can hear my thoughts?! I ask the demon.

"Yes. But don't worry about it."

I sigh and look back at the image of me. It was indeed a scary sight, but I couldn't let that stop me.

I handed the paper back to Quinton and spoke.