The Bad Doctor (Civil War-Part 3)

[James' POV]

I was currently in my human form and at a hospital where James Rhodes was being treated for his injuries. I was near Natasha who was looking over an area of trees. I kept my distance though. I already did some damage to her face, don't want anymore done.

"I'M STILL PISSED THAT SHE DOUBLE CROSSED US!"

"I know, I know," I tell Zarathos. "I am too, but we can't just go around hurting people without a good reason."

"Last I checked, betrayal was a damn good reason."

"We're gonna need a lot more than that, Z," I say. "I don't wanna hurt a world-wide hero and then have to go on the run so I won't go to prison. I am NOT being locked back up again."

"Fine, fine. Whatever."

I roll my eyes and see Tony walking near me. I get up from my seat and walk next to him.

"How's Rhodes?" I ask Stark.

Tony slows to a stop and sighs, clearly upset about the recent events.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration in the spinal cord," Iron Man informs me. "Probably looking at some form of paralysis."

"Man. I'm really sorry I couldn't help more," I tell Tony. "If I didn't waste my time on Romanoff then none of this would've probably happened."

"This isn't your fault, James," Tony tells me. "You did all you could, and all that is what got your freedom and your demands met. You're a free man and you're now allowed to do your job legally."

"Thanks, Stark," I tell the Avenger with a grateful smile. "You know... Steve isn't going to stop. We have to be the ones to stop him. And we would've already had him and Barnes if it wasn't for Miss-Back-Stabber-of-the-Month over there."

"We played this wrong," Natasha states, seemingly have overhearing me and Tony's conversation.

I chuckle and shake my head as Tony looks at the spy in amazement. Amazement as in amazed at how poorly she treats her allies and friends.

"We'?" Stark questions. "Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? It sticks in the DNA."

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?" Natasha asks Tony and I growl.

"You know what's amazing? The amount of bullshit you spew," I say. "I still can't believe how you were ever an Avenger. You're lucky I'm not even trying to burn your soul here and now."

"Oooooh, scary," Black Widow says sarcastically.

"T'Challa told Ross what you did, so... they're coming for you," Tony tells his former ally.

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back," Natasha says and walks away from me and Stark.

"And Ross isn't the one she needs to worry about," I say, scowling. "I swear, next time I see her I'm sending her to Hell."

"YEAH! HELL TO THE TRAITOR!"

I chuckle and roll my eyes at Zarathos' comment and Tony places a hand on my shoulder.

"Ease up, Ryder," he tells me. "Don't want you going crazy on us now, do we?"

"Right, sorry," I say.

"All good, kid," Tony tells me.

Suddenly, his wrist device beeps and he pulls it up to his face, as well as allowing me to see it.