Zemo's Penance (Civil War-Final Part)

The Quinjet is seen being brought down onto a snowy surface which lands next to a caterpillar truck. Inside, Bucky Barnes can be seen taking a machine gun from a gun rack labeled "Romanoff". Bucky and Steve Rogers are seen standing next to each other as they wait for the exit ramp to fully descend.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asks, deciding to pass the time with a conversation.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked, chuckling.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead," Steve tells his friend, seeing that the exit ramp is almost down.

"What was her name again?" the Winter Soldier asks the Super Soldier.

"Dolores," Steve reminds his friend as he and Bucky walk down the now open exit ramp. "You called her doll."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now," Bucky states.

"So are we pal," Steve tells his friend, placing his hand on Bucky's shoulder.

Now wearing his helmet, Steve walks with Bucky up to the entrance that's set in rock and they see that's it's open.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours," Captain America says, readying himself for a fight.

"Long enough to wake them up," Bucky says gravely and the two enter the old HYDRA facility.

As they walk, Steve leads them into the cast bunker. They travel down into the depths inside a caged elevator. They make it go up and it soon stops in the bowls of the bunker, its doors sliding open. Steve nods to Bucky and heaves up the cage door as the Winter Soldier readies his heavy duty machine gun and they walk along a corridor, keeping close to a wall. Bucky looks into an alcove full of junk and he and Steve move on up some stairs. At the sound of a loud thud they spin around, aiming their attention and weapons down the corridor.

"You ready?" Steve asks.

"Yeah," Bucky responds as they await their enemy.

Then a red hot glow can be seen from the door at the end of the corridor and the two soldiers look in confusion. Suddenly two flaming skeleton hands rip through the solid steel door and grip each side, easily pulling the doors apart to reveal the Ghost Rider and Iron Man right behind him.

[James'/Ghost Rider's POV]

After I pry open the doors with ease, I look to see Rogers and Barnes looking at me and Tony in surprise. The two of us then walk up to the two as I let my fire die down, making me revert to my human form and Tony retracts his helmet.

"Sup, soldier boys?" I greet the two.

"You seem a little defensive," Tony says and Steve walks up to him, his shield in front of him.

"It's been a long day," the Super Soldier states and I chuckle lightly.

"Ease up, man," I tell Rogers. "We're here as friendlies, not enemies. No harm will come to you two unless needed."

"If you're not here to fight us, then why are you here?" Steve asks us.

"Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe," Tony says. "Ross has no idea we're here. We'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

"Pfft! As if you can arrest me," I say and Tony rolls his eyes.

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork," Captain America says and lowers his shield. "It's good to see you, Tony. And nice to know you're on our side, Rider."