A Deal (Civil War-Part 1)

[No One's POV]

Seeing that the Spirit of Vengeance was approaching, the CPD and SWAT both continue being stupid and resume shooting at the Ghost Rider. This does nothing but annoy the Rider as he growls in annoyance. He readies his chain again, but stops when he hears a familiar voice.

"J-James?" Marcy's voice says from behind the Ghost Rider.

The flaming skeleton stops in his tracks and turns his skull to see James' sister Marcy standing next to Quinton who stood among the rest of the students of the high school. As the Rider looks at the teens as well as Marcy and Quinton, his flames slowly turn a light and passive blue color as he calms down. The Spirit of Vengeance then turns around to face the law enforcers as his flames die down and skin returns to his bones, revealing the creature to be James once the skin fully heals. He then raises his hands to the air in surrender as Marcy, Quinton, and a few others gasp in shock.

As soon as the CPD and SWAT see that it's safe, they quickly charge and pin James to the ground as they arrest him. They then bring the boy to his feet and lead him to a heavily tanked carrier. As they load him into the van and close the doors, James takes one last look at his friends and sister. Then the doors close, and James is left in the dark. All alone.

-Year: 2016--Three Years Later...-
-Location: Chicago Juvenile Detention Center-
[James' POV]

It's been three years since I've been taken in by the CPD and SWAT and brought to the Chicago Juvenile Detention Center to be kept under watch and surveillance and I'm now 17 years old, 18 in a few months. Staying in this place does have its perks though. The warden, or whatever you wanna call him, allows me to practice my powers so I won't grow out of control when the other juveniles brought here act out. I also get to scare the others it's needed. It's hilarious to see their faces when I show up out of nowhere and all they see is a flaming skeleton. I swear some of them piss and even shit themselves when they see me. I also learned how to control the Rider so I won't go haywire.

Anyways, it's currently lunch time and basically the entire Detention Center is at the cafeteria eating the terrible food served here. I was eating when I heard one of my fellow juveniles speaks.

"Move, Rogers!" a male named Nickolas Magbie orders a boy named Michael Rogers and I turn to look at them.

"B-but I got here first," Michael tells Nickolas. "Can't you find another place to sit?"

"I can," Nickolas says, "but I want your seat. NOW MOVE!"

Nickolas grabs Michael by the back of his shirt and throws him out of his seat and onto the floor.

"Jesus, I hate this kid."

"You and me both, Zar," I tell Zarathos as I continue watching the scene unfold.

"Hey!" Michael says in protest. "What do you think James would do if he knew you were doing this?!"

"James? That bastard?" Nickolas questions. "You think he'll save you? He doesn't care about you! All he cares is about himself! Why else do you think he's "keeping us in check" for Macintosh?"

I growl in annoyance as I stand, feeling heat emit from my body as I stand to my feet. I start walking to the two and the others notice this, causing them to use their brains and run off. Smart choice on their part.

"What's wrong? Scared you'll be hurt?" Nickolas asks Michael. "Like I said: James ain't gonna- ACK!"

I cut him off by summoning my hooked chains and throwing them at the boy, wrapping them around his neck and making it hardest for him to breath. I pull him toward me and turn his body to face me, now fully transformed into the Ghost Rider.