Chapter 14 Back to it!

FINALLY!! Time for some volley practice matches. The team this time is my own made up team and you'll see the name when you read (for now it's a secret) enjoy!

Deku POV:

"NOOOO SHOYO SHUT UP!" I yell over the phone to the short ginger haired boy on the other end. "Wow I don't care about your story 'Ooo look at me a girl held my hand I'm a big hotshot now' ha! A girl fell asleep on my shoulder so don't brag about anything that a girl did to you unless it's better than that!" He states clearly looking proud of himself without me even having to see him. "Yeah well," I begin but slowly it turns into a murmur "it was my first time..." I mutter hoping that he wouldn't hear me, but for some reason this guy had super hearing and began hysterically laughing at me. I blushed a dark red "S-Shoyo!" I try telling him off but his laughter catches on and I begin to laugh with him. After we calm down I ask him "Wait a second you've never held a girls hand before either let alone let them sleep on your shoulder. We're both losers!" We both begin laughing again. It's good to be like this again.

The day was Sunday and tomorrow we were back at school not being able to see each other until afterwards however there was something special happening today. "Oh by the way Izuku I forgot to tell you." My interest gets peaked and I ask what it was. "Later come by the club room and I'll tell you there. For now I must leave to do something but you better be there. See ya!" He hangs up before I can say anything else. I didn't even know what time we were going to be meeting at so I just sighed to myself and put my phone down, "I better leave now and even if I'm early I can get some practice done before anyone else arrives." Just as I say this to myself a spark appears in my head and I pick up my phone once again dialling the number of Uraraka.

"Hello?" I say hoping she had answered, "Hey Deku~ what's up?" I begin to blush just from hearing her voice again. "U-uhm are you free this afternoon. Sorry if I interrupted something by the way." I wait for an answer presumably she was looking through her calendar to see if she was doing anything. "No I'm not why? Should I come by yours?" I think for a second. "No don't worry I'll come pick you up and we'll go to the club room is that ok with you." I ask her hoping for a yes. "Sure I'll get ready now see you soon~" I mumble a reply and hang up, I put my phone down and go to get ready.

I get in the taxi I ordered and tell it to go to Uraraka's address which she told me over the phone when I realised I didn't know where she lived. The taxi drove there and Uraraka got in after that we went straight to Karasuno high. I looked over to Uraraka who was dressed in hot pink short shorts and a paler pink tank top with her hair in a bun. I stared in awe for a little before coming to my senses and look away quickly. Pulling up to the high school I paid the driver and both Uraraka and I walked into the club room which was surprisingly already open.

I looked around a little and completely astonished took a gasp. "When I first came I didn't actually look around in here but now I am I really wish U.A had a volleyball club room too." Then I noticed that the cleaning room door was open too and I decided to go look inside it. Uraraka waited whilst I went to investigate what was going on in the room. As soon as I reached the door a ginger mess came bursting out with volleyballs falling everywhere. "Shoyo? What were you doing in there?" I ask him embarrassed for him and myself since Uraraka was here. "Oh hey Izuku!" He says with an innocent smile and a hand behind his head. "Don't hey me! What were you doing in there?" I ask once again a bit more sternly.  "I was looking for the volleyballs and thenwhen I tried rolling them out  the holder fell on me and then we ended up here."

I sigh at his reasoning and start picking up the volleyballs putting them all back in the holder. Shoyo begins to help too and we get it done in less than a minute, I roll the holder out and place it on the floor next to where the net was. "Did you put the net up aswell?" I question which he replies with a nod like it was nothing. I pick up a volleyball and begin setting to myself walking to one end of the court. "So why did you bring me here? I mean it can't just be to practice right. Oh and Uraraka there is a bench over there and I put some pink bike gloves in my bag if you wanted to join us. She thanks me and sits down, I look back at Shoyo and tell him to stand at the other side to receive my serve. "Oh yeah the reason I wanted you to come was because later we have a practice match with a high school nearby." I get excited a little but when I ask the school he shuts me down and tells me to wait. "Right I guess it's time to actually serve get ready." He nods and I get ready aswell.

I close my eyes for a second then open them once more with an interrogating glare within them. I throw the volleyball into the air and begin to run slowly forward getting ready to jump. I raise my arms up behind my back and do the bigger step adding momentum I then bring my arms back forward and take a small step leaping into the air. The volleyball falls right in front of where my hand was to go. My arm then swings forward with just enough force so that it can get into the court but without going out of bounds, the ball hits my hand and flies into the other side of the court at a terrifying speed but somehow the ginger manages to get over there in time. However he gets hit in the face and goes back to my side. I do the same jump I did for my serve and smack the ball down slamming it to the ground. How did he get there so quickly? "Even though I may not be able to receive as long as I can still get to the ball so it doesn't hit the ground it's not a loss!" He says with a bright red cheek. "Wow.. I've missed doing this with you Shoyo!" I put my arm out and we high five. "Same with me dude!"

We begin to play for a bit and gradually more people appear so we can practice with more people playing first Daichi came then Kageyama and the others soon followed after but there was someone that neither me or Shoyo recognised. He was smaller than even Shoyo and had a yellow Mohawk with black hair surrounding it. "Ah yes this is Nishinoya a second year who will be joining back into the volleyball club after being gone for so long." Daichi tells us. It's so much fun playing with everyone especially when me and Shoyo are on the same team because me and Kageyama can both then support him with our sets. After quite a while of warming up and one twos with the ball and digs Daichi declares that everyone is to get into a circle. We travel over to where he is and he explains what will be happening.

"Right so. The school we are up against today are known for there great defence and receives but apparently most of them are really tall and that's the part we have to focus on. With our ace not here at the moment we have to think of a way to cope with that. So here's what will happen. Nishinoya and Kageyama both of you will be on starting off at the back and making your way to the front. Nishinoya in the right wing and Kageyama left. Hinata you will be the middle blocker try to make sure no balls get in between your tall jumps. I'll be in the back middle and lastly tanaka you'll be left wing and in the right I want Midoriya. When Nishinoya swaps out Tsukishima goes on for the extra supports for Hinata. Remember the people we are up against have astounding defence and receives get ready. Any questions?" I put my hand up and Daichi points towards me. "Who are we up against?" I ask completely clueless. "Their high school is called Kurabusheru high."

Thanks for reading. The reason I chose Kurabusheru is because in English it means crab shell and crabs have good defence in their shell so I thought it'd be a good metaphor and a funny name. Idk I like it and it works well so yeah. Anyway thanks again see you next week!

1586 words!