Chapter 16 Here we go again! Part 2

You guys know the drill. Welcome new chapter let's get into it!

Izuku POV:

I begin to breath deep as sweat pours down my face and my energy begins to fade. Damn I've gotta keep this up for Shoyo's sake. I know we can win if we just push through. I walk over to the rest of the group who are praising each other's efforts and making a strategy for the next set so we can win the game. "I have an idea." Shoyo puts his hand up and everyone turns their heads toward him to hear what he has to say. However, Kageyama smacks him across the head, "You do know Hinata, if we lose this game we could lose the only chance to show we can be better than we were," He says nonchalantly. "I know that!" Shoyo pipes up, "What if I could do something about their libero? All I would need is every time the ball is received anyone who is near the ball has to set towards me." Everyone looks at him with an unsure look but he has a determination in his eyes that I can't deny. "I say we give it a shot." I step forward a bit, "If Shoyo has a plan I say we go along with it to see what happens." Everyone looks at each other and in the end we agree still a lot of people unsure though.

We walk back to the court and I look at Shoyo nodding my head in his direction with him nodding back with a thumbs up. Since they were serving first Nishinoya got into a ready position and waiting patiently for the ball to fly of the net, his eyes so focused as if he was a cat staring at a laser pointer on a wall. The whistle blows and I see the ball come over the net but it starts to fall lower than Nishinoya could reach, is what I thought but in the blink of an eye the ball was up and at a perfect height for me to get into position. I lifted up my hands and without a second of hesitation flitted the ball over to Shoyo who was already ready and spiked the ball. Sadly it didn't look like his plan worked this time and the ball crashed into our side giving the opposing team a point.

"Keep them coming. Either one of you should be fine as long as I get the ball." He whispers to Kageyama and I in which I nod and he replies with 'tch.' I see Daichi grab the ball and serves it over with a good angle on it but in the end their libero receives it and they pull of a set and spike. However, Nishinoya is ready and once again sends the ball up towards Kageyama. Come on Kageyama send it to Shoyo I'm sure his plan will work out. He jumps up and his hands swiftly deliver the ball to Shoyo who smacks the ball down as hard as he can. This time the ball goes over but it's still wasn't good enough to support whatever kind of plan he has in mind. "Chance ball!" One of the players say and get the ball towards there setter who instead of setting it, begins to do a setter dump onto our side. I run to it and jump to the ground trying to get it up but I'm just a little delayed and it hits our side.

"S-sorry guys that was my bad!" I clasp my hands together and bow. "It's good you'll get the next one Midoriya!" Tanaka shouts whilst slapping me on the back repeatedly. I softly smile to him and put my hand behind my head. We continue to play slowly but surely their team seems to gain a bigger lead than we expected with the score being 14:7 to them. I walk over to Shoyo and pull him close to me. "You sure this is gonna work. It doesn't seem to be like much is happening with their libero yet." I ask him questioningly. He smirks and just walks away with a massively determined look on his face. Why would you doubt him? Let's get this done and be on the road to our good title again! I clench my fist and look over to Tanaka. "Tanaka hey, next time the ball comes to you, instead of trying to get it really high, get it low enough just so it can get to me in time. I have a good idea which could support Shoyo's plan." He just stares at me with a blank face before grinning and giving me a thumbs up. "I don't understand how but let's do this! Wooooo!!!"

The match begins again and this time Tsukishima's turn to serve and the ball just about gets over the net hitting it on the way there. The libero once again receives it but is looking a lot more less energised at this point. The ball comes over and, as if it was a coincidence, it goes to Tanaka whose ready. The ball gets gently hit into the air and it begins to lose a lot of velocity as it falls down again quicker. I run forward and jump into a set sending it upwards to Shoyo so instead of it being a normal set from the same height to a bit higher, it comes from the very bottom. Shoyo's eyes at this point were open? And he looks straight at their libero doing a twist shot spinning it profusely towards their libero who can't seem to receive it well. (Just think the last shot against Ahoba Josai mixed with the cross shot that he did.) He looks at his arms and sees red marks on them from how powerful the shot was and how much force was behind it. "Let's keep at it!" Shoyo tells me. I nod and we continue the game.

Yachi POV:

I'm so late! So late! Quickly get there and don't make any noise so that they don't notice you. I run as quick as I can to the volleyball clubs gym and finally get there breathing deeply before I walk in. I open the door quietly to be completely swept up by the tense and focused atmosphere flowing from the room. I look over to Karasuno's side and see Tanaka receive a ball really low but it seemed to be on purpsose for some reason. The ball quickly returns to the ground and I expect that to be a point to the other team. However, Midoriya jumps to the ground and sends the ball up to Hinata. My eyes widen and my breath gets completly withdrawn as I stare at the flying boy. Time slows down and I can hear my own heartbeat thumping in my chest, my face begins to light up and I have to clench my chest to try to stop the beating. Hinata...

Shoyo POV:

After I part ways with Izuku I notice Yachi standing in the doorway and I wave to her with a grin and light blush on my face. She's cute.. I try to get back into the tense atmosphere but whenever I do I think of Yachi and all my focus gets driven away. I slap my face on both sides and instantly everything becomes brighter to me and my focus returns to my body. The red marks on my face linger for a while afterwards but eventually as we continue to play they fade. I hope Yachi is watching me cause I want to show her how cool I am! Whilst I'm not paying attention the ball comes flying over smacking me in my face but still going up into the air. "Ach!" I scream and I fall to the ground. "Nice receive Hinata!" Kageyama chuckles with one hand covering his mouth. I pout and start to rub my cheek trying to sooth the pain  that was persisting on my forehead. Daichi digs it up to Izuku and shouts "Cover," as Izuku runs over he uses that power he told me at 1% making him a bit quicker than he was before. He sores into the air and spikes down the ball as powerful as he could leaving the other team gasping.

Izuku walks over to me and pats me on the shoulder, "Might wanna sit out for a bit Shoyo, just to be sure your ok. And maybe you might get Yachi to look after you." He smirks and slaps my back, I blush a small blush and become really hyper jumping up and down like a child telling him that Yachi is his friend nothing more. He just nods in disbelief pushing me off the court so that Tadashi can come onto the court . Since it was my turn to serve Tadashi takes the ball and starts spinning it around in his hands as if he was a professional volleyball player getting ready to serve an amazing ball.

I walk over to Yachi who is waiting for me frantically moving her arms around looking for a plaster or bandage to cover up the bruise on my face. "Hinata! Are you ok? How does your face feel? Tell me does this hurt?!" She starts to speak so quick I don't understand her but what I did understand was that she was worried about me and I was happy about that. "I'm fine Yachi you don't have to worry. I'm a strong guy!" I say whilst flexing my muscles and grinning cheekily at her. She sighs in relief at my well-being and calms down a bit just so she could scold me for being reckless. "How did you get hit in the first place Hinata?" I start thinking about it but then realise that I was thinking about her and blush. "No reason.." I avert my eyes.

As I'm sitting on the bench for a little more waiting for Tadashi to swap back out for me I touch the part where the ball hit me and flinch a little at the pain inflicted. I guess that does hurt a bit but I'll just ignore it so Yachi doesn't get worried. As the team got two points Tadashi is still serving but sadly it goes straight into the net and he apologises. They swap me out again and I give him my number. "Good job Tadashi! Keep up your hard work and your serves will get even better!" I pep him up. He nods and smiles a shaky smile to me. I walk back onto the court and get ready to play again with the rest of the team. "Back from your hospital trip with a cute nurse? Hmmm Hinata?!" I blush as Tanaka provokes me and Nishinoya also joins in. "Let's focus on the game guys!" Daichi tells us and instantly our focus is diverted once again. "Let's win!" We all scream and the game begins once again.

Next chapter is the final one between these teams. Get ready for it! Have a good day/night and I'll see you next week.

(Authors note: the points are 14:9)

1875 words!!