Sports Festival : 6 - Stongest Freshman

The second match of the third round begins. It is Tokoyami versus Bakugo. Unlike his previous matches, Tokoyami is at a major disadvantage and is forced to go completely on the defensive due to the light from Bakugo's Explosions weakening Dark Shadow and that Dark Shadow hasn't fully replenished its strength. Even worse, Bakugo's fierce fighting style prevents Tokoyami from countering. Despite this, Fumikage does manage to keep Bakugo at bay. Tired of his persistence, Bakugo manages to get past Tokoyami's Dark Shadow and lands behind him. Bakugo uses Stun Grenade which causes an explosion around him, hitting Fumikage and his Dark Shadow in the process. After the smoke clears, Bakugo has Tokoyami pinned down. Bakugo tells Tokoyami that it's his fault for telling people about Dark Shadow's weakness but admits that it wasn't a fair matchup to begin with. Although he can still get up and fight, Tokoyami, knowing he is at a severe disadvantage, surrenders. Fumikage's surrender causes Bakugo to win, thus the final match will be between Bakugo and Todoroki.

Tenya tells Midoriya and Uraraka to watch the final match closely for their payback later to which Midoriya and Uraraka agree with. Tenya's phone starts ringing and excuses himself. He goes to answer his phone in private. Tenya picks up his phone, noticing that his mother is calling him. Iida apologizes to his mother for losing in his match and that he was too careless. However, Tenya's mother tells him that she is not phoning about that and tells Tenya to stay calm. Tenya is shocked at the news his mother is telling him and becomes distraught.

-Somewhere -

Meanwhile, the mysterious figure from before is revealed to be the Hero Killer, Stain, who appears on a rooftop. "This current society is distorted and twisted and I swear that I will make them face reality, " Stain says, "And I'll find you Mr. Eta and your daughter too." After Kurogiri appears, Stain draws his katana and aims it at Kurogiri. However, Kurogiri asks Stain to withhold his blade and says that he has been wanting to meet him due to his notoriety. Kurogiri asks Stain for a moment of his time, teleporting Stain and himself away.

-Back at the Sports Festival -

Todoroki waits in the waiting room for his final match to begin. He thinks about Midoriya's words; that his powers are his and only his. Shoto admits that he did not think that way before he fought Izuku. The door slams open, revealing Bakugo, who barged into the wrong room. Todoroki doesn't pay attention to Bakugo, much to Bakugo's annoyance. Bakugo complains about Todoroki's attitude towards a fellow finalist. Shoto continues to ignore him until Bakugo uses a small Explosion on the table to get his attention. Todoroki says to Bakugo that Midoriya is the type of person who is compelled to drag out peoples' problems and help them. Todoroki asks Bakugo, as Midoriya's childhood friend, if Midoriya has always been the type of person compelled to help people's problems. Bakugo remembers how Izuku tried to help him in their childhood, Furious, Bakugo angrily kicks the table over, telling Todoroki that he does not care about Midoriya and doesn't care about Todoroki's problems or feelings. Before he leaves, Bakugo tells Todoroki to give everything he's got and that he will make Midoriya bow before him when he reaches the top.

"I would if you hadn't hurt Y/N so badly," Todoroki said making Bakugo flinch.

"Tch, that's none of your business," Bakugo said.

"Heard she broke up with you," Todoroki was now pushing it.

"Wait, DID YOU TELL HER TO!?!" Bakugo yelled ready to attack Todoroki.

"No, plus that sounds like a 'You' problem," Todoroki said in the most monotone voice, "Anyway, I'm going to go check up on her."

Before Todoroki could pass Bakugo, he grabbed his shoulder.

"Stay away from her Icy-hot bastard, " Bakugo growled.

"She's not yours, she's not an object either," Todoroki sighed walking past him.

-Nurse's Office -

Y/N was awake but in so much pain.

The door opened to reveal her dual haired friend.

"Oh, you're awake, that's good," Todoroki said smiling a tiny, 🤏tiny, bit and sitting down enxt to her bed.

"Yea, I guess," Her voice sounded strained, "But I'm in so much pain."

"Your battle was good, you fought well, and I'm very proud," Todoroki said.

"Aw, thanks," she strained out.

"I'm going against Bakugo next, wish me luck," Todoroki stated.

"I hope you win, that'll make me very happy," Y/N tried to smile.

Todoroki nodded, then got up and turned around.

"Wait," Y/N said grabbing his hand making him give her a side glance.

Nearly there.....

"Beat his ass, Todoroki."

____________________________________
786 words

This was alot shorter but I've written so much to make up for my absence, hope you forgive me.