Chapter 12: temporarily blinded

Lucy's pov
Everything was pretty blurry, my vision a mix of patchy and dark, my leg also hurt pretty badly. My senses were only aware of Lin nearby, I assume he was at my bedside and I was probably at the hospital. My last memory before i had passed out was of him panicking and yelling my name in worry and fear as I had pushed him to safety.
-flashback-
I had seen the light starting to bug, so thats when I sprinted to get dad away from there. It had been at a rehearsal, sure enough the light has sparked and shattered, my leg embedded with glass and my eyes burning. "Lucy!" I heard Lin cry out as he ran to me, I felt his hand and heard sirens. "D-daddy..." I said softly, my head pounding as i blacked out.
-present-
I couldn't see but i opened my eyes and relied on my senses. A voice spoke to me "sweetie your awake...how are you feeling?" An immensely relieved voice asked. "Dad?" I asked with a feeble smile. I felt okay overall but I knew my vision would be wonky for awhile or at least till the doctors told us I'd be okay. But hey at least I'd be okay right? I have a great family who i know will keep me safe and sound. Lin nodded softly "it's me, I'm here sweetie" he comforted. I relaxed at this and smiled gently. I felt him grab my hand comfortingly and i relaxed at his touch. "I'm glad I was able to save you in time" I smile, dad let out a feeble chuckle "I'm glad you wanted to save me but you still got hurt..." he said with sadness. I knew he never wanted me to get hurt and that it hurt him whenever I did. "I know dad, but what matters to me is your safe. Your the first real dad I've had..." I said softly. I reached out for a hug, soon feeling his arms around me as he scooped me up carefully. I immediately relaxed into his arms. I heard him gently sing Dear Theodosia to me, he often sang this to me whenever I needed sleep or just whenever we shared moments like these. Cause he knew i loved that song and that it lulled me to sleep. Soon enough i was sleeping in his arms, feeling safe and sound, i felt cared for, i felt loved.
Lin's POV:
I held my sleeping daughter with a gentle smile, I was always so glad I could care for her like this. I knew her past had been rough and full of pain and trauma, but now I could shine a light in on things and bring her a little hope. I heard her let out a small happy squeak and I smile, I didn't want to move her cause then she would possibly wake and she needed rest. I gently kissed the top of her head in a fatherly way and just held her and let her get the sleep she needed to heal and recover. A doctor came in at some point with lunches for us then he told me Lucy and what she'd be going through. He told me once she had recovered and rested enough we could do a surgery to help her vision return. I knew she'd want sight again, especially as she had so much she wanted to do, yes it could be done without sight but sight made it easier. I nod and quietly thank the doctor. We had spoken quietly as Lucy was asleep and we didn't want to wake her.
-a few hours later-
I was half dozing when I felt Lucy stir, I looked down and smiled "hi ninita, slept well?" I asked. She nodded with a soft smile "thank you dad" she said as she noticed again her vision was still bad. Like she had forgotten about it, I comfortingly rubbed her back "they can do surgery as soon as you've recovered enough" I explained as I saw her nod in confirmation of understanding "alright, that sounds fair" she said gently. She sighed softly and stretched "I'm hungry" she said randomly. I chuckle a bit "luckily they brought us food, here-" i helped her sit up and handed her the tray, it was a sandwich so luckily she seemed to manage eating it just fine without too much help. Of course I helped her where it was needed as i ate my own lunch.  I was finally hungry now that I wasn't in a constant state of panic and worry. After I had eaten I looked at Lucy to see if she was okay, "how are you feeling kiddo?" I ask gently. She smiled softly "I'm fine, just a bit sore in the leg" she assured. That made sense as she had gotten glass in it, i nodded "understandable" I said gently "the glass shards probably hurt considerably" I say as I gently ruffled her hair earning a laugh from her. "Glad i can make you laugh" I smile. She chuckled "dad you can always make me laugh, and I'm grateful for that" she said with a smile. I felt happy at this, I was beyond glad
I could make her laugh and smile. As her father I wanted to always make her smile, i wanted to be there for her and care for her. I wanted to show her she was loved and mattered and would always be so by me and my family, we'd catch her whenever she fell. We'd lift her up and encourage her. "I love making you laugh kiddo. Love ya kiddo" i said gently. Lucy smiles "love ya too dad" she said. I knew we still had awhile of recovering ahead of us. But i also knew we'd get there. I would be right beside Lucy the entire time as would her two brothers and V and everyone else we knew. We'd be alright.

A/N: I apologize for my lateness. I had writers block oof