Chapter 15: figuring things out

Lucy's POV:
My world had been turned upside down recently, Lin was my biological dad- no longer adoptive dad. We were waiting on the Puerto Rico town hall to give us my birth certificate. "Dad?" I asked as I looked at Lin, he looked over "yes kiddo?" He asked with a smile, he had been patient with me, we were trying to get answers to our many questions we had on the matter at hand. "What do we do once we have the certificate?" I ask. He smiled a bit "I hope to frame it, after all your my daughter and a Miranda" he said with pride. He was proud of his family and was already proud of me even before we found out the news. I knew this cause of how he'd gaze at me. With such fatherly pride. I smile happily "thank you dad. I love you" i say softly. He smiled and ruffled my hair "love you too ninita".
       Soon an office worker walked over with birth certificate found. Sure enough it said Lucy Miranda, born January 15th, 2002. We were only a day apart birthday wise which was exciting. I smile and hug onto him happily as he held me tightly in his arms with a smile of his own. We had that figured out. Now we had our day ahead of us, dad and I we're spending the day together. A father daughter day after what had happened yesterday. After this our plan was to grab some lunch from a local vendor cart then maybe get some piraguas later on. As we approached the cart naturally some fans saw us and Lin being very kind respectfully signed and took pics as asked to. I really admired that, he was always willing to do things for his fans if he could. A few fans asked me various things and I answered what I could, some things were too sensitive so I didn't mention them. Mostly cause I feared the heartache of remembering. When we got to the front of the line Lin ordered in Spanish as I had told him my order prior "¡Hola señor! Dos tazones de cerdo y arroz y dos piraguas de fresa" ((hello sir! I'll have two beef and rice bowls and two strawberry piraguas))
       The merchant nodded and soon we had our food. Lin thanking him as we sat down at a nearby table. Yesterday may have been rough but today was going smoothly. "So Lu, what would you like to do after this?" Lin asks as we eat. I hum thoughtfully as I ponder the question, there was so much to do and see, "what about we head to the beach area and chill in some hammocks?" I grinned earning a happy chuckle from dad who nodded "definitely that sounds amazing" he said happily at this. I giggle "yey!" I say and we sipped on our piraguas as we walked along. We passed through the town, vendors lined the streets and an occasional bodega was seen. In due time we had arrived at the beach, Lin grinned like a little kid as he ran over to put up two hammocks. I chuckle as I walk over, he could be so hyper sometimes but that was alright. I was definitely my father's daughter as I could be extremely hyper sometimes myself even. It was just part of how it was, dna and all but honestly I liked it, being so much like him. One of the worlds kindest people. We got the hammocks set up and we were soon laying in them. Lin swaying gently in his as I closed my eyes relaxing. Not sleeping just relaxing as I felt safe with him there. I knew nothing could happen as long as dad was with me, he's keep me safe. I must've been more tired then I realized cause when I opened my eyes next a few hours has passed. Lin was napping too, luckily we were in a shady spot with less sun so we wouldn't be burnt up too bad.
      Later into the evening dad and I were sitting outside our hotel room, he looked over at me "Lucy?" He asked. I nodded "yes dad?" I ask with a smile. He looked at me gently with fatherly love "I promise- promise to be the best dad possible and to always look after you" he said and gently held me. I hug him and smile "thank you dad. Your the best dad ever and always have been even before the news we received" i giggle. He gently ruffled my hair and I laughed at that as he grinned holding me tight as we played around for a minute. Mom was inside making dinner at the room's mini kitchenette. She had soon called us in for dinner. All in all today had gone much smoother and dad and I had bonded even closer. The next day would be our last full day before heading home on Sunday. Then I had a few days off to rest up from the flight then it was back off to school and stuff. My vision and wounds had healed smoothly, the stress had made my vision a bit off but today had helped things settle again to a more normal rate which was a good thing for sure. As I laid down in bed that night, Sebastian in his mini travel sized bed, and mom and dad in their bed, a smile graced my face. I was so happy to have such a loving family. I think this and know this, it helped me fall into a peaceful slumber. Everything would be alright in the end, the past would probably haunt me but my dad was here now, and V was my mom. I was loved. I'd heal from past traumas over time with their help. If we needed we could always get extra help but i doubted I'd need it, not for awhile anyways.