Chapter 3

I woke up on the morning of the merge with an uneasy feeling in my stomach and an overwhelming feeling of dread. I felt selfish for even feeling those things because Jo was the one who was actually putting her life at risk in an attempt to finish Kai.

I glanced over at my phone and double took at what I saw on the screen.

Cobra Kai @ 9:35 Hey princess, did Josette agree to the merge or will I be turning your blood to acid later? - K

He must have entered his number in my phone whilst I was unconscious yesterday. He really couldn't get anymore irritating if he tried.

I typed a reply.

"She agreed. My blood will have to stay as is."

I couldn't believe Jo was going to go through with this. I didn't even want to think about it but there was this annoying little voice in the back of my head that kept telling me she wasn't going to win, and I was scared to admit it might be right.

I stumbled out of bed and into the shower to freshen up before an undoubtedly long day no matter what the outcome may be.

I was barely out of the shower and wrapped in my towel when Damon burst into my room.

I jumped slightly and clenched my towel.

"Damon! Towel! Knock!" I exclaimed.

"Maddie. No one cares! No!" He replied.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Usual Damon response full of wit.

"Listen there's been a slight plot twist in Keeping up with the Gemini's."

What else could possibly have went wrong?

"Oh god." "Go on."

"Luke told daddy Gemini about the plans to merge and now he's coming to rain on the parade." Damon said.

He really did have such a delicate way of putting the worst case scenario we now found our selves in. I couldn't hide that I was fuming.

"Why the HELL would Luke -"

I was cut off by Liv entering the room. So now me in a towel was a spectator sport, great.

"Liv if you're coming to plead Lukes innocence don't bother. You know Kai will kill us all to get to Jo right? And then he'll still merge with her except we won't be there to see it." I snapped at her.

"I know." She said firmly.

Maybe I shouldn't have snapped at her.

"Luke thinks Jo doesn't stand a chance and he reckons if Kai becomes leader of the coven we'll all die anyway." She added.

The little voice in my head was telling me he was right.

"I tried to talk him out of it but he said it was our duty to the coven to merge and protect everyone from Kai." She sounded upset, I can't imagine this was easy for her.

"Listen Liv it's okay, we will figure out a way to stop your dad coming and ruining the merge and you and Luke will both be fine okay?"

She nodded but I could tell she was uncertain.

"Both of you let me get ready and I'll be down stairs in a minute."

The pair of them left my room and I sat on the bed and let a single tear escape my eye. No matter how much I tried to deny it Jo was likely to die in the merge tonight and if Luke or Liv merged first we'd lose one of them.

After allowing myself one moment of sadness I picked my self up and pulled on a pair of jeans and a t shirt. Preparing my self to go down stairs and face whatever hell was going on down there.