Chapter 28

For the first night since we arrived I had no nightmares. I slept straight through the night. I didn't so much as stir.

I awoke still in Kai's arms. Our bare skin pressed against one another's. My back was pressed tightly to his chest and our hands clasped together.

Kai then woke up too, and began planting small kisses over my shoulder. I turned around to face him. His smirk was wider than usual this morning.

"Good morning." He said softly.

"Morning." I smiled.

He leaned forward and gave me a soft kiss on the lips, broke apart by both of our smiles.

"I can't believe it finally happened." He whispered, his grin still dominating his face.

"I thought you'd never make a move." I teased.

"Trust me Maddie, I've been trying to since I first met you. Even pre - merge I liked you." He laughed back.

I rolled my eyes and gave a small chuckle in return.

"Well it took you long enough to finally pluck up the courage to kiss me."

His eyes sparked in front of mine before he leant in for another kiss. Clearly he had the courage now.

He pulled away, leaving me wanting more.

"Some things are worth waiting for." He replied, his words softly falling from his lips.

Well last night was definitely worth waiting for. It felt so good to finally know where I stood with Kai. To know I wasn't going insane for thinking, knowing, we were something more. For the only time in my life I knew I was where I was supposed to be.

He climbed out of bed wearing only his boxers. As he stood up his body looked lean and masculine. You could never really tell when he had clothes on but his muscles were defined, his body very athletic.

"Breakfast?" He said casually, grabbing his T-shirt from the floor and pulling it over his head.

"I'd love some."

He smiled before he head off out the room, creeping down the stairs.

I headed down just five minutes later and found Kai sat at the table staring at the ceiling, obviously deep in thought.

When he noticed I had arrived he immediately bombarded me.

"Do you know how long we've been in here?Exactly." He pressed.

"I'm pretty sure this is the eleventh day, including the day we came on." I said.

His eyes started to panic. I could see it.

"How sure are you?" His urgency rising.

"I'm sure Kai, why?" I was getting concerned now.

"Fuck." He sighed clasping his head in his hands.

"What's wrong?" I paced closer to him, reaching for his hand.

"There was an eclipse last night." He whispered.

At first I wasn't following. Then I realised.

"They didn't come for us." My voice ringing with disbelief.

"They could have got us out and they didn't."

Kai grasped on to my hand, clearly upset himself.

"Shit. I thought they'd come for you." He was clearly angry with them.

Honestly I was too. I never thought they'd willingly leave me here, even if I was falling for Kai.

My vision began to blur as I looked at Kai in shock. My friends had left us here when they had the chance to save us.