Chapter 6

The sunlight beamed through the gaps in my curtains as I woke. And the warmth of the rays seeped onto my bed. The room felt so peaceful that it was almost easy just to forget what happened the day before. For a second. After that second was over my mind flashed with images of the scene. Jo sobbing over Luke. I scrunched my eyes together to try and shake the picture out of my mind and rolled over to grab my phone.

You have to be kidding me.

Cobra Kai @ 9:15: Can we talk? Please. - K

Did he really have no shame?

I was going to have to go because he'd probably annoy me to death if I didn't and anyway I suppose it could be something to do with getting Bonnie out. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much though.

"Yes meet me at the Salvatore house in an hour" I text back.

I had a text from Damon saying he and Elena had gone up to Whitmore and with Caroline and Stefan doing whatever they were doing I was the only one here. Which was good because I had decided I wasn't going to tell anyone about my meeting with Kai just yet.

It was only then I realised something weird about Kai's text.

"Please." I whispered under my breath.

When had Kai Parker ever asked for anything and said please rather than just demanding it? Before I overthought that too much I decided to roll out of bed and into the shower.

I couldn't even bring myself to play music like I usually would, I didn't want to feel happiness, not now.

I let the hot steam of the shower envelop me, swallowing me whole. I scrubbed and scrubbed my skin but no amount of cleaning seemed to get rid of the night before.

When I came out I pulled on a white tank and jeans with my favourite sneakers. I didn't have the energy to pick out anything other than basics. I pulled down my hair from the bun it was in and made some attempt to make it look presentable before applying a light face of makeup. I usually felt better after getting ready, not today though. All I could see was pain.

I thought I should eat something to settle my stomach slightly before meeting with Kai. So I sauntered down stairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal, which I of course could barely stomach two mouthfuls of.

Kai was supposed to be here in 5 minutes so I just sat waiting. That 5 minutes seemed to drone on forever. I stared at the clock on the wall and I could physically feel my heart pounding through my chest and with my vamp hearing I could actually hear my pulse throbbing just below my ear. Fantastic.

I took one deep breath of air in and closed my eyes as I let it out. That's when I heard the car pull up outside and my phone pinged straight away.

"Cobra Kai @ 10:30: here - K"

"Just come in." I answered.

Why was he being so weird? Kai never asked before entering anywhere. He did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.

My thoughts stopped when he entered the front door of the house and I walked into the hallway to collect him.

He looked even worse than me. He looked tired as if he had been up all night, and his eyes were red and puffy almost as if he'd been crying, but it was Kai surely he couldn't have been, could he?

"Hey." He said awkwardly.

"What did you want to talk about Kai?" I sounded more confident than I really was.

"Can we sit?" He gestured to the living room.

I nodded reluctantly and led him inside and we sat on the sofa, a safe distance apart. It was then that I noticed he was clutching something in his hands. A small letter with the word "Josette" scribbled on the front.

"What is that?" I snapped at him.

How could he even think Jo would want anything from him.

"Funniest thing. I need your help." He said holding up the letter to me.

"Why would I give a letter to Jo?" I stared deeply into his blue eyes.

"I can't find her using a locator spell, And you know, good on her because under normal circumstances I'd be super jazzed to kill her."

Normal circumstances? What about these circumstances weren't normal for Kai? I'm sure he was used to killing his siblings by now, he's already wiped out more than half of them.

"Why would I help you Kai?" I questioned.

"Well incase you haven't figured it out by now I'm a sociopath." He began to explain.

I acted fake shocked and rolled my eyes.

"I know shocker."

"I like being a sociopath, you know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt" he continued as his eyes awkwardly met the floor.

"Or love" his eyes met mine as he finished his sentence.

"So then this merge happened with Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died." He explained.

What the hell. I didn't even know what to say, because Kai Parker with emotion was the last thing I expected to see today.

"How Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason I can't shake how badly I feel about it." he let out a small laugh which didn't quite meet his eyes.

I couldn't help but almost feel sorry for him, sure he was evil but it's almost like no one taught him how to love. You could tell he was crumbling under the weight of whatever he was finally feeling.

"I think when I absorbed Luke's magic I must have gotten some of his qualities too, like empathy."

He went on.

"So I googled how to process emotional pain. So they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it you'll be healed."

The only look on my face was confusion, who the hell was sitting in front of me because it sure didn't seem like the Kai Parker I knew.

"So I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes, has that ever happened to you?" He asked.

"You mean you cried?" The corners of my mouth were slightly upturned.

"Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter but the feelings, they're still there." He said through another fake laugh. Almost as if he was trying to hide his pain.

All I could do was give him a confused look in return, I was genuinely lost for words.

"So, I really feel strongly that Jo needs to feel how sorry I am, for destroying our family." He finished.

Why did I feel bad for him?

"I'll give her your letter but I can't promise she won't burn it." Why did I just agree to help him?

He let out a sigh of relief and his eyes met the floor again.

I could tell there was more.

"I need one more favour." His eyes locked with mine.