Chapter 4

As I pulled up to the school I saw Kai leaning on the front of his car watching me park. As I stopped he gave me a grin and a small wave through the window to which I rolled my eyes in reply. I got out of the car and walked towards him trying to walk confidently to hide the trembling in my legs.

"Not that I'm not thrilled to see you Mads, i really am, but I'm kinda busy practising magic today so if you could make whatever this is quick I'd be appreciative." Kai joked.

I waved him inside the school, school was on break right now so there was no one here and no one around to bother us. Which is probably the same reason Kai chose to lock me up there last night.

"Ooo secret school meet up, sexy." Kai teased as I led him inside.

"Do you ever shut the hell up?" I growled.

He let out a giggle.

I walked us to the first classroom I could find and we sat on two desks facing each other, Kai waiting for me to tell him why I asked to meet.

His eyes fluttered to the ground and back to me.

"Sorry I'm nervous, you're like, really pretty." He said through a grin.

"Ha ha. Stop playing around Kai." I said.

"Listen I asked you to meet me because there's been a slight problem."

The grin soon fell from his face and the sarcastic Kai that flirted with me for kicks was gone. He rose and grabbed my wrist clenching it tightly in his hand he leaned in towards my face before he spoke.

"What do you mean a problem?" He asked.

It was as though if I gave him the wrong answer he was going to kill me then and there. This is what scared me about Kai, he was so unpredictable.

"Luke told your dad about the merge, he's coming from Portland right now to try and stop it and force Luke and Liv to merge tonight." I explained worriedly.

Kai's grip on my wrist tightened to the point I was sure there was no blood left in my hand. He leaned so close to my face I could see every inch of rage that covered his stony expression. He glared right into my eyes and I was certain he was going to snap my wrist.

"Kai you're hurting me, please." I pleaded.

He dropped my wrist and turned and kicked the desk over behind him.

"DAMN IT!" his yell filled the whole room.

I jumped as I felt the blood rush back into my finger tips.

"Kai I have an idea." I added in an attempt to calm him down.

Kai in this state was not good for anyone.

"Well you better hope it works." He threatened.

He was right, if my idea didn't work I was finished, Kai wouldn't be able to kill whoever the new leader of the coven was but I'm sure he'd still have a go at killing Jo and I if he didn't get his way. I just hoped my plan would work.

"Liv doesn't even want to merge with Luke so all we have to do is make sure they can't get to Liv before the full moon and you'll be able to complete the merge." I said.

Although I had a feeling hiding Liv from the leader of her coven might be harder than it sounds.

Kai still filled with rage stared at me motionless for a few moments before cocking his head to the side and giving me a threatening glare. With that he turned from the classroom slamming the door behind him as he left. He didn't need to say anything, I already knew if Luke or Liv became leader of the Gemini coven tomorrow I was toast.