"That's Just The Way Of Life."

Yep. More angst. Sorry. (I'm sorry if you cry, tears are great with coffee and I'm running out-)

------

The air was filled with the clashing of swords and axes around them. Metal scraping metal, friend versus foe.

Techno and Wilbur were fighting against George and Punz, swiftly moving and spinning around each other gracefully, almost as if a rehearsed dance routine. Every hit each one got never faltered their movements. A blow to George’s side and a swing for Techno’s head, just barely missing but cutting clean through the large braid that was swung around like a whip from his every step. It amazed the two how they made it seem so easy. Like their wounds did not exist, they just continued.

An arrow flying past caught their eyes as they averted their gaze to Niki pointing a bow up at Fundy and Quackity. She was screaming at Fundy as he held his lighter, already lit and ready to burn the field to nothingness. Quackity stood behind him, Fundy’s arm out to the side as if to block any move she tried to pull. The shorter gave a shout as he dropped the lighter, the flame extinguished, and jumped down to the brunette. Another arrow was fired but stopped nothing as he swung his sword down, breaking the bow in her hands. Quackity was seen running away through the woods behind him, disappearing from sight in an instant.

They were snapped back to their own problem from the sound of a sword being sheathed.

“Tommy...”

“Tubbo I can't do it.” His head hung low as he released the handle of his weapon. The wind from the blackened tower flowed through their hair and clothes, lifting them slightly before settling again.

“Tommy, I was told to kill you if I ever saw you again. Bring back your sword.” Tommy stayed silent.

“Tommy! Being out your sword! Now!” A bit of hope filled Tubbo as he watched him grab the sheath of his sword, but was immediately destroyed when he watched him take it off of his belt, and drop it to the ground.

"I said it once and I'm going to say it again-" Tommy took a step forward. "-I’m not going to fight my right hand man."

With every step Tommy took, Tubbo took an equal one backwards. He was shaking as tears pricked his eyes, the thought of them being forced to fight.

A one sided fight.

An idea flashed in his mind as Tubbo pointed his sword at the blonde, hoping it would falter his steps. His hands shook as he held the blade at the other’s chest, the tip only a few inches away from piercing the skin. Tommy froze for a second and let him talk.

“Tommy. You have to leave right now I-” The weapon lowered slightly, as he shut his eyes tight. “-I was told to kill you! I don't want to do that! So leave me-!”

“And you’re going to listen to them?”

Tubbo jolted as he looked at the blonde. His face was sincere, a show of disappointment and sadness locked on replay. He balled his fists and dropped his gaze to the ground, refusing to make eye contact. He started to walk again, ignoring the blade that would go straight through his chest if he didn’t step aside.

“You really have the guts to kill me if I don't leave? Prove it. Do it right now. If you’re my friend, you wouldn't even be thinking like that.” Tommy wasn't stopping. His voice held no emotion, a deep monotone was all there was. Tubbo stepped back with him. “If you’re thinking like that are you still my ally? My best friend? My right hand man, my brother. You feel like family to me but I guess it's not mutual, is it Tubbo?”

Tubbo couldn't speak, only watch and listen as he walked back.

“Did you really side with Schlatt? Is that why you’re thinking like that? I thought Wil was losing it but wow I didn't expect this. Why tubbo? I trusted you!” Tommy’s voice became slightly louder, continuing to shout at him.