Strangers in pink hoodies

Before you read, I would like to mention a big character in this chapter, some people may or may not know depending on how far back you've seen some of Schlatt or Wilbur's videos. I don't wanna say right now for those who do know and it would just spoil the chapter. But that's just a (THEORY-) heads up! For those who don't know who they are, I will explain more at the end of the chapter. Thank you! Enjoy.

___

Tubbo walked the halls of the underground area. Carrying papers and files, his footsteps clicked through the dark gray halls as he brought them between nations. Echoes were heard everywhere in the hallways when people actually were there, yet only the brunette was ever there. Occasionally Eret was seen wandering around but it was normally just Tubbo. Schlatt has been seen down there more often, though he had no idea why. Tubbo turned a corner and shielded his eyes a bit from the bright light that was shining down onto the stairs. They were polished and straight with a steep slope upwards. Tubbo made his way up as he pushed open a trapdoor, hitting the ground with a 'THUD!' as he climbed out. He set the stack of papers down as he fixed his suit. Schlatt would tear into him if it was anything but perfect.

He reclaimed the stack and rested his hand atop the files to keep anything from falling as he took in his surroundings. It was inside Eret's castle next to the fountain in the middle. He flipped the door closed with his foot and covered it with the leaves of bushes nearby as he continued his stride. The throne room was in front of him as he wiped off his shoes so as to not drag anything inside to keep it clean. Though he betrayed his country, Tubbo still loved Eret. He was nice to the younger and was still his upbeat self. Tubbo still laughs every now and then when he would walk in and see Eret tear a flag off the wall and wrap it around himself like a cape. His favourite one was a blue, purple and pink one. It had small loops in the top where he added a small rope and chain so he could wear it without tying it. And not surprisingly, that was the very same cape Eret was wearing right now. He spun around the room, watching it spread out behind him with glee, not noticing Tubbo holding in a chuckle at the doorway. He gave a small knock on the stone as Eret turned his way.

"Ah! Thank you!" He exclaimed. Tubbo walked over as Eret readjusted his glasses, the bright glowing white from his eyes basically shining through them. Tubbo would sometimes catch a glimpse of them in another color. He didn't have irises but they would sometimes turn pink or blue and once even green if Tubbo saw correctly! He never mentioned it, not knowing if it was his eyes playing tricks on him but still was amazed with the thought of it. He placed half the stack of papers in the taller's hands as he kept the rest. Eret began to lead him to his study.

Spirals of staircases and long corridors embedded themselves onto the path to the study. The view from the window was brilliant. It looked over most of the nations that he had been walking under all day.

"Nice view, huh?" The king spoke up from behind him. Tubbo touched his hand to the cold glass.

"Yeah..." He whispered, not paying attention. Eret rolled his eyes playfully and dragged Tubbo away from the window.

"C'mon. I don't want Schlatt yelling at you, got it?" Tubbo gave him a nod as Eret walked him back to the trap door. Eret chatted away about random things as Tubbo stared at the walls. No matter how many times he'd been there, he would still always find new things. Portraits or paintings, sometimes even murals. There was something new every time.

The shorter of the two stepped into the outdoor scene and once again fixed his suit before opening the trap door. He gave Eret a wave.

"Bye Eret! I'll be back after tomorrow!" He grinned as descended into the underground system again, catching a small pink light emitting from behind Eret's glasses as he smiled. He flipped the door shut behind Tubbo and went back to his study.