Chapter 1

Yu Xiaogang had been wandering for the last ten years; he couldn't face certain people again in his life. Today he had reached a small village in Fasinuo province and decided to live there for the next few months.

Yu Xiaogang entered the village and walked about and compared it to the cities he had visited. The village was not much developed and had temporary roads made of mud and stones; most of the people lived in huts. Yu Xiaogang still found that people were happy, and there was a rare peaceful feeling present.

Yu Xiaogang walked towards a hut and greeted an elderly; Yu Xiaogang asked the person if he could stay at his place for a few months. The Oldman carefully looked at him and nodded after a few moments. Yu Xiaogang thanked him and added that he is a scholar and asked if he could help the Oldman.

The Oldman's eyes shined after hearing this and said it would be a great help if Yu Xiaogang could teach his granddaughter. Yu Xiaogang smiled and nodded, and it always brought him great joy to teach young people.

Yu Xiaogang walked into the house and entered the empty room and placed his luggage and sat on the wooden bed, and thought of his past journies. Yu Xiaogang heard the Oldman's coughing and came back to his senses and looked back at him. The Oldman found he had gained Yu Xiaogang's attention and called him for supper. Yu Xiaogang felt the kindness of the Oldman and thanked him. He came out after a few minutes and joined both The Oldman and his granddaughter for dinner.

The Oldman patted his granddaughter's head and introduced Yu Xiaogang as her future teacher. Yu Xiaogang looked at the little girl, who was looking back at him with curiosity.

Yu Xiaogang knew she was timid, so he started talking more to lighten the mood. He got to know that her name was Yu Yan and was surprised because they had the same family name.

Yu Xiaogang thanked the Oldman for his hospitality and looked back at the little girl and said that he would start teaching her from tomorrow. He returned to the room and sat on the wooden bed and watched the sky full of stars.

Yu Xiaogang's mind started remembering the past, and tears began to roll down his cheeks. Yu Xiaogang had a miserable life; his clan banished him, and the girl he liked also abandoned him. Yu Xiaogang thought he was thrown out of the family because his martial soul was a waste, but he was wrong. After traveling, he found out that someone has poisoned him.

Yu Xiaogang had a firm will and started researching the martial souls to find a cure for himself. The poison was so deadly that it started flowing into his body from his martial soul.

Five years ago, Yu Xiaogang had found a method to suppress the poison, and he used his martial soul to contain it, and later he found that it was only temporary.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

A sudden loud explosion brought him back to reality. Yu Xiaogang rushed out of the room and saw the anxious duo, and he comforted them by telling them that he is a spirit grandmaster.

Yu Xiaogang summoned his martial soul Luo San Pao and ordered it to protect them. It has an appearance similar to a dog, and its entire body has pale yellow fur and a pair of small drooping ears giving it a cute look. Luo San Pao is a unique martial soul and had its intelligence.

They looked at Luo San Pao's appearance and felt a bit insecure. Yu Xiaogang saw this and had a wry smile on his face, but it didn't affect him much because he was used to this kind of look.

Yu Xiaogang ignored them and went out to take a look for what had caused such an explosion. He found that the whole village was burning, and his expressions became ugly.

Yu Xiaogang swiftly returned to the house and urged the Oldman to take his granddaughter and run far away. The duo was scared and finally responded after hearing Yu Xiaogang's voice filled with anger.

The Oldman hastily walked into his room and gathered all the valuable items and returned. He took out a small rusty metal box and gave it to Yu Xiaogang and asked him to protect his granddaughter.

Yu Xiaogang was shocked because he understood the Oldman's intention, and before he could respond, he saw seven Rings had come into existence behind the Oldman's back.

Yu Xiaogang was smart, and he understood that if it were not for him, the Oldman would have already escaped with his granddaughter.

"Why?"

Yu Xiaogang looked at him and asked.

" Youngster, you have suffered a lot. I can see it in your eyes. You still have a kind heart. Let my old bones shelter you both. "

The Oldman smiled and said kindly.

Yu Xiaogang felt that he was never treated so kindly in his entire life. He bowed his upper body towards the Oldman and vowed to treat his granddaughter as his daughter.

The Oldman nodded in satisfaction. He looked at the metallic box in Yu Xiaogang's hand and told him to keep it safe and that it might increase his good fortune. The Oldman left the house immediately after that.

Yu Xiaogang called Luo San Pao and told the little Yan to sit on him. Yu Xiaogang then ordered Luo San Pao to follow him.

He rushed through the back door and heard the sounds of fighting and knew in his heart that Oldman was exchanging his life to buy time for them to escape. Yu Xiaogang gestured Luo San Pao to walk behind him, and they quietly left the village in a few minutes.

Yu Xiaogang and Yu yan looked at the village burning in flame from far. He patted little Yan's head to comfort her. Yu Yan hugged him and cried. Yu Xiaogang hugged her back and let her cry, and after a while, she stopped crying and slept on his shoulder. Yu Xiaogang looked at the little girl in his arms and put her in a more comfortable position and let her sleep in his arms.

Yu Xiaogang walked continuously for the whole night. His body was already at its limit, and his body trembled as he took the next step.

Yu Xiaogang knew that he could faint anytime, but he continued to walk. He looked at the small face in his arms each time he felt like giving up. He had felt that little Yan's body's temperature had started increasing.

Yu Xiaogang finally saw a village and increased his pace. He had raised his speed by sheer willpower, and he knew that his body would fall apart anytime.

When Yu Xiaogang reached the entrance of the village, he saw a middle-aged man.

" Save my daughter! "

Yu Xiaogang said weakly in a hoarse voice and collapsed immediately.

The middle-aged man rushed forward and grabbed the little girl from Yu Xiaogang's arms and rushed to the village. He came back with another person and put Yu Xiaogang on his back.

The middle-aged man took both Yu Xiaogang and his daughter to the village and placed them both on the bed.

He asked the other person to bring the doctor. The village doctor came quickly. He first checked the little girl and calmed down after confirming that it was just temperature. The doctor gave the medicine to the sleeping girl and focused on Yu Xiaogang.

He checked Yu Xiaogang's pulse and confirmed that Yu Xiaogang's life force was diminishing, and he would not last another month.

The doctor shook his head and gave Yu Xiaogang some medicine to reduce his pain.

Yu Xiaogang woke up the next morning, and he felt his body tearing as he tried to move. Yu Xiaogang gave up and looked around for the little girl, and he saw that she was sitting not far from him.

Yu Yan saw that he had woken up and trotted towards him and asked how he was in her baby voice.

Yu Xiaogang was very clear of his condition, but he replied positively.

" Yan'er can you call the doctor. "

Yu Xiaogang said with a gentle smile.

Yu Yan also smiled after looking at his smile, and she trots out to bring the doctor.

Yu Xiaogang felt a tingling sensation from his hand and saw that his fingers color had changed to purple. His face became grimmer after looking at his hand. He sighed because the poison had leaked from his martial soul back into his body.