Chapter 1

Often, Waldo runs through your mind. The game of cat and mouse you play together, the way you feel when he slips away when in a crowd, teasing you to come find him. It drives you crazy, and yet you wonder how you would feel if just once he would let you hide with him, perhaps even letting him find you. You toss and turn in your bed, wondering how this came to be. 

Waldo came into your life roughly 3 months ago, after you bumped into him on a walk home...

"O-oh! Sorry, sir, I didn't mean to bump into you" you said, brushing the hair out of your face. When you looked up, however, you saw him. His beanie: Striped. His shirt: Striped. His pants: Just normal jeans. He struck you as odd however because you had never seen him up until now. He smiles and looks deeply into your eyes.

"It's alright.. most people tend to not see me," he says. He appeared to be somebody who doesn't stand out much in a crowd, despite his bright attire. "My name is Waldo. It's nice to meet you" he continues.

"My name is <y/n>" you respond, doing your best to not sound flustered. 

"That's a very nice name <y/n>, might I ask where you're going in such a hurry?"  Waldo said.

"I'm just trying to get home is all. I've got things I need to do," you respond. You begin walking away, but before you make much progress, a hand stops you. 

"Before you go.. promise me that you'll find me again?" Waldo says. It was such a bizarre thing to ask for, but yet... you were intrigued. You nod as you continue your walk home, and as you look behind you all you can see is Waldo fading into the crowd once again.

Ever since that day you've been trapped in this intoxicating game of hide and seek, and somehow you feel that in the end, there is no true victor. You haven't confessed your true feelings to Waldo, and you know his personality is far too avoidant for him to confess to you. There are too many mysteries about the striped specter that is Waldo, and you are ready to solve them all. You knew that you would have to search for Waldo again the next morning because all you wanted to do was see him again. Perhaps after one last game of searching for his ill-fitted beanie in the crowded streets of Seattle, you'll finally have the courage to admit the way you feel about him. For now, however, you can only dream of Waldo's warm caring arms holding you and keeping you warm through the cold and lonely night.