1. A baby?

"Eda? Are you alright?" Efe asked her as she was holding her head between her two hands. She squinted as she looked up at him.

"Iyiyim. Just a little headache that's all."

"If you want to go home..."

"No no! It'll go away. I'll just go and freshen up a bit."

Eda got up a bit too fast and felt herself stagger. Her ears started buzzing and everything went white around her. She almost didn't hear Efe calling her as she blacked out into his arms.

"Eda."

"Hmm..."

"Eda, can you hear me?"

"Hmm. Let me sleep five more minutes. I'm comfy." A couple of seconds passed before Eda realised what she had just said to her boss. Yet her foggy mind didn't seem to understand how Efe could smell just as good as Serkan did. She turned her head slightly into his chest and breathed him in. Yep, definitely Serkan's musky masculine scent... Wait, Serkan? Eda's head shot right up which she immediately regretted after it started spinning again.

"Wow easy there! What are you doing? Stay put." Serkan told her.

"Do not touch me Serkan Bolat!" Eda scrunched up her nose as she was both holding her head with one hand and trying to get away from Serkan with the other. As she came to her senses, she realised they were in the recreation room. He was holding her as they sat side by side on the couch. There was no one else in sight apparently.

"What happened? How long have I been out? Why are you there?"

"You fainted in the office."

"I did?" Serkan nodded, "And what does it have to do with you? I was with Efe... He caught me."

"I caught you Eda. You have been out for almost twenty minutes. I was about to call an ambulance."

"Good thing I woke up now then."

"How are you feeling?"

"I still have a headache ya... It's been going on for three days. I'm sick of it."

"Are you sure you don't want to see a doctor?"

"Yok. Gerek yok. It'll pass. It always does."

Serkan didn't say anything. He just watched her. She was paler than usual and started to have bags under her eyes. He had noticed the changes for a couple of days now but she was still angry at him for not telling her the truth about her parents and she had visibly been avoiding him for the past week. So he had not pushed her farther. When she seemed to want to get up, he offered his hand which she took without even thinking. She must have been really tired then.

"Eda."

"Hmm? Have you had any other symptoms despite the headaches?"

"Why do you ask?" Seeing as Serkan really looked concerned she sighed. "Just tired, headaches and a bit of a stomach bug. That's all. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"Tamam."

They looked at each other for a little while longer before Eda exited the room, followed closely by Serkan. When she entered the main room, she was immediately accosted by Leyla and Erdem enquiring about her health. Serkan just walked past them and went to the meeting room where Engin and Selin were waiting for him.

For the first time in weeks, Serkan didn't have anything to do on his weekend so Engin decided to come over and have a little chat with his friend. He had noticed how distant Serkan looked ever since Eda had learnt the truth. His friend was hurting alone and he didn't like seeing it at all. He found Serkan looking at the trotting horses in the pen.