Chapter Six - A Natural

Joonie asked that I just told one of the boys when I left the bunker that felt like home, just so they knew I wasn't there. Nobody was in the living room when I came back out from my bedroom, I glanced to the kitchen.

I was missing the nature, the forest and the sound of the waterfall, so I needed to get outside.

Hobi was washing dishes as I went into the kitchen, so I told him.

"If you can't find your way back, just ask Shasta, he will guide you" he smiled.

I nodded.

As I shut the large opening behind me, I felt like I already knew where this was, I could feel it in the earth underneath me. The wolf made me jump as he came bounding towards me.

"Yes, hello" I smiled, patting his side.

He stayed by my side as I walked towards the lake, it was only about ten minutes away. It was a cloudy night, and it had made it hard to see through the thick trees.

An idea crossed my mind, and I looked up at the sky.

It was like I didn't even need to think the thought, as the clouds moved away from the moon, and I smiled. That was easier than I thought it would be.

As I sat down on the soft grass by the lake, this was all it took for me to feel full of energy and life, it was like the forest was breathing it back into me, being my comfort.

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander, resting my hands on my thighs.

I could feel the roots around me, the flower beds and the hundreds of years old trees that almost were laid out in a map inside my head, and I wondered how far I could go. I took a deep breath, and in that moment it was like I could feel for miles around me, knowing every root, every small stream that lead away from this lake, and I could even feel the soft paws hitting the earth from the wolf pack that was running to together about a mile away.

As my mind opened, I also could sense a very large willow tree, and something was off about it, it was lit up in the map of my mind. Without even thinking, I placed my hand on the ground beside me, and pin pointed the roots, and flooded life from my hands, and I could even feel the tingling on my finger tips as something started covering my hands.

I opened my eyes and saw little vines, seeping up from the earth, they caressed my skin in a way that didn't alarm me in the slightest. Without closing my eyes, and focusing on the wounded willow tree, I could already feel that the condition of the tree had greatly improved.

That was easier than I thought it would be.

I kept my hand in the ground, the vines got slightly bigger.

"See, you are a natural" I heard a voice which made me do a sharp intake of breath.

Jimin was stood a few feet away from my right.

I smiled up at him, "that was amazing. I just like... let my mind open. I could feel for miles and miles"

He gave me a big grin, and sat down next to me. The wolf turned his large head, to check Jimin out before lazily putting his head back down on his paws.

"What did you feel?" He asked.

I tried to pinpoint the emotion I felt, "just life. The energy, all of the forest around me, I could even feel a wolf pack running on the earth, and I'm sure a bear or two"

"Impressive. It took me a good few years to understand how to open my mind like that, I kept snapping back" Jimin breathed, taking a blade of grass in between his fingers.