Chapter Twenty One - Iris

Before I even had a chance to react, in the corner of my eyes I saw a slight blur, and then the man grunted.

His hand was still on my wrist, and I pulled it out of his grip as he let it go, his hand went up to grip at his chest. I made the mistake of looking up at his face, and his eyes terrified me.

The eyes are the window of the soul, and I could tell and feel that his soul was in an incredible speed, being pulled away from him.

He made an strange sound, like he was trying to gasp for air.

I looked over his shoulder to see Tae, with his hand on the back of the mans neck. His eyes were shimmering, an angry mess of black with red flecks, that seemed incredibly vibrant. His whole expression, made me nearly recoil back from him, I hadn't ever seen him like that.

A few seconds later, the man fell to the ground in a heap, as Tae tilted his head back, looking down at the greying skin of the man.

"Tae" I whispered, bringing out my hand and grabbing his forearm.

I could feel it, the utter devastation inside of him. I pushed into him, trying to save his mood, but at this moment, he pulled his soul away from my grasp, and I decided to not push further, this wasn't the place.

The tug of his ability in my mind was the fiercest I had ever felt it, and I had to concentrate on keeping it together.

With a glance over his shoulder, thankfully the diner could not see around the arch way.

Tae reached down and put the tall man over his shoulder, as he walked into the ladies bathroom, and I followed him, standing behind the door so nobody could open it.

I watched as he slumped the body into a stool, balancing his body on the toilet, as it lulled to the side, the man's head slamming onto the cubicle door.

Tae didn't look at me as he shut the cubicle door. I heard it lock, and then the door rattled, as I jumped back slightly from the loud noise.

I was surprised when I saw Tae jump over the stool's walls, landing gracefully on the floor next to the toilet before he walked towards me, and took my hand, still without looking at me.

"There you are," the lady said with a bright smile. Those words made my heart burst into a sprint again, as Tae halted us, and grabbed the two bags from her in one hand, "enjoy!" She called as we walked away.

The boys were just getting back into the car, as we got near.

"We need to go, right now" Tae muttered.

Nobody said anything, for at least an hour. I could still feel the seething energy radiating from him.

His hand was still in mine, and I pushed the warmth from my chest into him, but he was pushing it away.

"Tae, take it" I breathed.

He looked down at me, his eyes were very dark still.

"You know he was one of them don't you?" Tae said, quite harshly.

I nodded, and then all of the eyes in the car turned to look at us, even Yoongi looked at us in the rear view mirror.

"There was one of them in diner. He caught hold of her as she got out of the bathroom. I should have waited outside the door" Tae's jaw was flexing over and over again.

So that's why he was being distant, he felt guilty about the fact that one of them even managed to get close to me.

Joon cleared his throat, "we know they are in plain sight... they blend in well"