Chapter Seven - Pantheon

The next morning, I was woke up by Yoongi knocking gently at my bedroom door.

"Morning Erin. Breakfast time, you hungry?" He said gently as he poked his head through the small gap.

I nodded sleepily.

He gave me a little smile and shut the door. I got dressed quickly, and brushed out my hair before french plaiting it to the side.

Everyone was around the long table again, until I realised two were missing. And right as I thought that, I heard two voices drift down from the corridor.

"I will start throwing water over you" I heard Tae say.

"You can't run fast enough" I heard a sleepy voice say that belonged to JK.

Jin chuckled at the end of the table next to me.

They both turned the corner and I think that was the first time I had seen Tae smile. It connected with me, more than I realised it should have. It warmed my chest, and I felt it travel down my arms into my hands.

Tae glanced at me as he sat next to Jimin, and I watched as he took a deep breath.

"Do you fancy doing some reading after breakfast Erin? I thought it might be nice for you to read up on Greek mythology before we started throwing all these names at you" Joonie asked, eating his food.

"That sounds great actually" I nodded.

I was so used to learning things through reading a book, that I thought it might help me.

Soon after I helped Hobi and JK clean up, Joon was sitting down on the sofas with a book in his hand which he passed to me after I sat next to him.

"I've marked the pages you might want to read first... Zeus and Persephone" he smiled.

I nodded, "thank you"

"I'll leave you to it ok? Take your time" he said, patting my knee as I crossed my legs.

I opened the thick blue book to the tab that Joonie marked, and the fist thing I saw was a marble statue of Zeus.

Zeus is the sky, thunder and lightening God in Ancient Greek religion, dating back as far as humanly known. He is the ruler of all Gods and Goddesses on Mount Olympus, and the most strongest of them all. He was known for being highly temperamental, but was also highly respected. Zeus is the King of all Gods. He had seven Olympians that were apart of his Pantheon, a trusted group of Gods and Goddesses.

I knew most of that, but reading it now, knowing that he was my descendant, really changed the way I thought about it.

I turned a few pages going to the next marker.

Persephone is the the Goddess of the Underworld, springtime, flowers and vegetation. She was known for her love for nature and poured her heart into the vegetation around her. She is Zeus's daughter, and was abducted by Hades who had fallen madly in love with her, which lead to her title as Goddess and Queen of the Underworld. Persephone could have been released from Hades if she had not eaten anything in the Underworld, but atlas at the last second, she accepted a pomegranate seed from Hades.

I leant back in on the sofa, well that was a lot of information to take in. But again I could see the resemblance from the love of nature I had always had.

Flipping the pages back to the beginning, I went to the next God to read about under Zeus.

Poseidon is the God of the sea, storms and earthquakes. He is Zeus's brother, and was known for a calmer nature than his brothers, and mankind would always pray to him for safe travels along the ocean, and for rain to come and help their crops grow. But do not mistake his kindness for a weakness, as with one swift movement he had been known to drown cities with tidal waves and make it pour from the sky for weeks on end.