Chapter Nine - Burning

All of the men filtered to us one by one, and Joon explained what has just happened.

"Very interesting" Jin nodded.

"So now we are going to see if she can do it on humans. I know we aren't exactly fully human. While we do heal faster, we can still be killed by the heart or the head, just like humans. Our bodies are just a bit more resilient" he explained mainly for me at the end.

"Do you think it'll work?" JK breathed to Joon.

Joon looked thoughtful, "I'm unsure. Because of the Pantheon, it might not. Since Tae and JK don't feel the abilities to use with us"

We were all quiet for a few seconds, thinking about the Pantheon link between us all. While I didn't know as much as the others, I knew the reason we were all together was because of that.

"Tae" Joon breathed out.

"I don't know if I can" Tae replied gently.

Joon shook his head, "I know you can control it. Just enough for Erin to heal"

"No, Tae do it to me. We know when it comes to things like this, I can deal with it more" JK said, pulling Joon aside.

"Can we just slow down? I'm not sure about this" I said quickly, I could feel my breathing speeding up.

Jin smiled at me, and reached over and squeezed my shoulder, "hey, it's not going to do any lasting damage. Remember we don't know what we can do, unless we try. The second you think you can't handle it, just tell us"

I took a deep breath, and looked over to Tae.

"I'm not happy about it either" he breathed out.

I understood why, because he would be the one causing harm to his family. I sat on the floor, and tried to clear my mind, before pushing it out.

I found JK instantly, he was a red and grey speck on my map.

With a deep breath I said, "are you both ready?" I asked.

Tae nodded slowly, and JK gave me a comforting smile.

"Oh... this is strange" JK breathed out, glancing at me.

"What?" Joon asked.

JK tapped his forehead with his index finger, "she's here. I can feel something. Honestly it's comforting" he said with a shrug.

I looked over to Tae, who looked quite nervous. He ran his hand through his black hair. Jimin put his hand on the back of Tae's neck, "you can handle this, Tae"

Tae's gaze was a little hard on me, but he nodded.

I pulled away from him, and right away, I could feel the tug on JK's soul.

JK lurched forward a little, his facial expression wincing. That made me panic slightly, and I let myself spread around further than his mind, trying to pin point the source of pain.

I had to close my eyes to concentrate.

And then, I let myself go... it was like my mind was clouded.

"Erin, try and stay here also" I heard Joon's voice.

Before opening my eyes, I took a deep breath and looked right at JK.

He was smiling at me.

"Her eyes" Jimin said quietly from near Tae.

"Yeah we know," Joon muttered, "Tae, push harder"

Tae glanced over to me, and I nodded, "once I get past the first initial barrier, it's quite easy to maintain"

I was aware of JK constantly in my mind, I was wrapping my own being around him, becoming a barrier between him and Tae's ability.