Chapter Twenty Two - Look Ahead

We broke after two hours, to rest our feet for five minutes, and to go to the toilet, I went behind a tree, thankful for the toilet roll I had in my rucksack.

I brought the clouds over the sun, and cooled down the temperate so we weren't getting so hot.

I watched a few deers dart away from the group of us to my left, and gave a soft smile.

I felt the tug behind me from Tae, and I turned it look at him, and he gave me a soft smile with glistening eyes. As I turned back around, I pushed out with my mind, I wondered how much of the forest was in front of us.

Immediately, I stopped walking, my legs felt like they were so weak.

"Erin?" Tae's voice snapped out.

All of the men in front of me, turned to look at us and also stopped walking.

About a mile away, I could see the souls of a group of people. Now normally I would have assumed they were hikers maybe, as we didn't know these woods and if we were going towards any trails, that might be popular.

But it was the way these people we dotted. They were in a straight line, ten of them spread out, and then there was around ten more, right behind them, standing closer to one another.

"Joon, do you think normal humans can feel me in their mind?" I asked quickly.

Joon shrugged, "I have no idea. I wouldn't think so, as they wouldn't understand the feeling"

"There are a group of twenty people in front of us. They are in a straight line," I showed with my hand and then another for a smaller line, "and I need to see if they are hikers"

All of the men around me tensed, while Joonie sighed, "we don't have a choice, you need to look"

I nodded, and then went to the one that was in the middle of the second line that was grouped together. I pushed into the white speck, and then looked around.

They were all dressed in black. And had thick vests on, and each held a gun. They also had helmets, and certainly weren't dressed like they were hiking.

My stomach dropped as I glanced down at the forest floor.

"Fuck" Yoongi seethed out.

"We need to go around them" Joon breathed out quickly.

As I pulled out of the mind, I looked around the surroundings. The forest was more clear around that area, as it broke up slightly.

A sound came front the distance, making everyone spring into action very quickly, as Tae grabbed me and put me against the nearest tree.

I pulled over the trees around us, covering all of us as we were two to a tree, as the helicopter went above us. They seemed a lot closer to the ground than the first time I heard this sound.

As I pushed out, looking a mile ahead, I also noted the dirt track, that was very close to all of them.

"We would have driven straight into this" I said quietly to them all as we pushed away from the trees and stood closer to one another.

"How so?" JK asked me.

"There's a dirt track very near to them. It makes me wonder if we would have came up this road, since it's the closest thing to a road I can see for a long time. It joins from down there to the main road" I said, nodding to my right.

"Shasta would have alerted us sooner than that, don't worry" Joon offered.

I thanked Iris, in my thoughts.