Chapter Eleven - Let Go

I sat there for a little while longer, playing with the wind. I carried leaves along the current of the flow, watching them fly up in the air and down to the ground.

I could feel the pull of Tae, he was getting near to me as I could feel myself wrapping around his spark tighter, the closer he got.

He paused about ten feet behind me.

"You aren't very sneaky are you" I breathed out.

A low chuckle that almost shot straight through me, made me turn my attention to him.

"I can be" he muttered, walking towards me and closing the gap.

This was the closest he had probably ever been near me, and as he sat down next to me, if I reached out I would be able to touch him.

And it's like my body knew this. The warmth was spreading around my chest again, I couldn't control it.

I could already feel the flowers sprouting around us. I watched as Tae leant forward to touch one violet flower. I felt slightly disheartened as it slowly started to decompose from his touch, until I pushed life back into it.

"It's true on what Joon said, you match my abilities perfectly" Tae muttered slowly.

I nodded, agreeing with what he said.

"It's all a bit mad though isn't it? I mean I know I've never felt normal, and I just pushed away the reality of it. It probably wasn't a good idea, as the sky always shown my emotions... even the bad ones" I breathed out.

Tae turned his head to look at me. Again, I almost got lost in his eyes, he was utterly beautiful.

"I understand. You've managed to already control that though, we haven't had many thunderstorms since you've been here" he said, a small smile playing in the corner of his lips.

I breathed out a smile, "I feel... calmer. I don't know, like I belong here?"

"You belong with us, and always have been" he muttered.

"Because of the Pantheon" I said, making sense of it in my mind.

"I don't want to say something that Joonie will end up getting cross with me about. But we are your," he trailed off, and I could see he was trying to think of the right word to say, "protectors in some sense"

I rose an eyebrow.

"It'll make sense soon, it all comes down to the bigger picture" he added, and then his eyes glanced down to my lips, before looking away.

"What do you think about our link?" I wondered, and my heart skipped a beat momentarily.

"I've never really understood it. And I never expected it to happen, since its been so long since the last link. But yet here we are... at first I didn't want to accept it. But it seems like the most natural thing in the world" he said slowly, looking down at the vines around us on the grass that were slowly seeping out of the ground.

"I still don't understand it" I said, smiling.

He breathed out a chuckle, and I saw a big boxy smile full of teeth as he still looked down at the ground.

Again, that set of flutters in my stomach, and the vegetation around us reacted. I watched as Tae glanced around us, seeing the blooming flowers.

The sun broke through the spaces around the trees, and almost seemed to make the forest around us shimmer, and I found myself just staring at Tae. He leant forward, putting his hand in a sun beam right in front of us, and gave a small smile again.