Chapter Twenty Three - Give Them To Me

As I kept an eye on the right hand side of us, I saw the white flecks begin to run.

Joon saw me looking that way, "are they coming?"

I nodded, looking up at him.

"Let go, Erin. It's the only way we are making it out of here" Joon breathed.

My feelings shot up at the sky, as the thunder rumbled deeper, going through our chests.

Tae grabbed my hand, "I'm right here"

I felt the wind pick up around us.

Just as I sent a wave of lighting to the people now sprinting towards us for the right, I saw the specks of their souls jump back, skidding in their runs to move back from the sudden blast of bolts in front of them.

And then we heard a gunshot.

JK fell to the ground in front of us by the tree.

For a moment, none of us moved, from being to stunned.

Jimin grabbed at JK, as he slumped against the forest floor.

I felt sick.

As Jin leant down to grab at JK's shirt, we saw on his arm, there was a dart. It was red, and long. It fell out as Jin and Jimin propped JK up, he looked fast asleep with his mouth hung open.

I pushed into JK, and I couldn't feel wounds around his body.

"He isn't hurt" I breathed out.

Joon looked over at Tae, "you are right. They cannot kill us"

Tae still looked very concerned over JK, until I squeezed his hand, "he's asleep, that's all"

I pulled thick fog around all of the forest, which made the flecks in my mind slow down, since they couldn't see around them, but I kept it away from us, there was like a wall of grey around us by the trees.

I saw Tae look directly behind the tree JK was slumped against, and I saw the pull of the soul he was taking from not far away from us, I could almost see the white shimmering strand being covered by the black thread wrapping around it.

Shouting again echoed around us.

I quickly turned my head to the right, and pointed, "there's two"

Hobi beamed two bolts in his hands, as Jin lined up and arrow, crouching down on his legs, putting one forward as I found the line to the hunters souls, and blew away the fog.

"Here!" One man shouted, before a bolt landed in his forehead, and I brought the fog back as an arrow landed in the other man's chest, slamming through the bullet proof vest as he got thrown by a few feet by the force, and again I pulled the fog back.

The one's behind us were catching up, and what made me even more curious, was that one of the flecks didn't show to be white, it was more of a red colour, with yellow in it.

I couldn't risk going into their minds, because of the fact I knew human souls were white and they couldn't sense me.

Then my mouth dropped open, just as I was about to say something, the soul almost blurred through the short distance between us and I quickly whipped around to where they would end up, which was going to be right next to Yoongi.

"There!" I cried, just as this man, that looked to be in his late thirties, still all dressed in black, appeared right behind Yoongi. The knife was put against his throat right away, making all of us panic.

Hobi was the first to point the beam of light in his palm at the man, who was heavily breathing, looking between all of us.

"Don't even try it, kid" the man said, pulling the knife sharper into Yoongi, who was threatening with his hands to make his veins appear an almost orange tone.