14. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔶𝔴𝔬𝔤

Not me falling in love with a fictional character that's not even in the actual show.

Also, this chapter is really bad but I tried

"Y/n? Y/n? Are you there?" Dustin spoke through the telephone at the Byers household, his voice dripping with panic as Y/n leaned up against the wall next to the phone

"Yes, Dustin, I'm here. That's probably why I picked up the damn phone. What's wrong?" She asked, her arms crossed over the red Halloween dress that she had yet to take off.

"I need you to come over to my house now!" Dustin's voice chimed through the telephone and into Y/n's ear. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose, shaking her head.

"Dustin, we just got Will home, can I come over in the morning or something?" She pleaded, her eyes drooping a bit out of pure exhaustion. She began to hear a small rattling noise that made her cock an eyebrow, "Is that Mews?"

The noise became a bit muffled as Dustin's voice replied to her, panting slightly, "No... no! It's not Mews." He yelled a bit, obviously still in a bit of a panic, "Yeah, just come over in the morning... I'll uh... be here. Totally not dead or very badly injured. Just... Just be at school tomorrow! Goodnight, sleep well, bye." The last sentence had blurted from Dustin's lips in one big breath before he hung up the phone, Y/n's face drawn with concern as she just dangled onto all his words.

>>>

(Fun Fact: This next scene was actually the first scene that I planned while I was doing the planning for this book)

"So how was your first real Halloween, Brad?" Iris questioned, sipping on a cup of coffee and sitting down at the kitchen table.

It was just them in the room, Iris drinking her coffee and Bradley munching on a bite of his blueberry pancakes that their dad made for them to eat right before starting their school day.

"It was great! Everyone was dressed up and there was free candy! I love it! I can't wait for next year." Bradley beamed, a smile wide on his face, "I can't believe how much I've been missing out on."

Iris chuckled a little, "I'm glad you had fun, Brad." She smiled, resting her head in her hand as she took another sip of her coffee.

"How were things with Troy?" Bradley questioned, tilting his head a bit as he shoved a forkful of pancakes in his mouth. He clenched his teeth up and forced a small smile just at the mention of Troy.

"Things were great. We just walked around town with a few of his friends. It was amazing." Bradley rose his eyebrows and let his smile fall as if asking something that she already knew, "He's gotten better, Brad. If he wasn't completely better, I wouldn't be hanging out with him."