𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

You finished your last class of the day, deciding that you were going to finish reading A Tale of Two Cities since you haven't had the time yet to finish it.
You went back down into the dungeons and into your common room, headed to your dormitory for your book and left to go sit by the black lake.

You sat there reading by the shore, leaning against a tree underneath its shade. You were too absorbed in your book to notice someone had sat down next to you, "Y/N," they greeted you and you threw your book "Damn it, Draco.." you mumbled to yourself, scrambling to get your book and find what page you left off on. "Why do you read muggle books?" He asked as you came and sat back down, having found the page and folding the corner of it, shutting the book. "I find them interesting," you shrugged "I apologize," he rolled his eyes, you were about to ask what about until he said "about this morning." he finished flatly, as if he read your mind. "Oh, I've already forgotten about that." You lied, you actually thought about it all day, why did he soften up when he saw you crying? "I actually felt bad about it all day," He said very matter-of-factly "I didn't mean to scare you." you shrug, pretending it was no big deal "I don't fully understand what happened this morning." you admitted to him. "The wind is cold, come study with me." It wasn't an offer, it was more so of a demand. He stood up and put his hand out for you to grab and he pulled you up, not legging go. "Uh- Draco?" He didn't reply, or even look at you for that matter, he just dropped your hand and acted like nothing happened.
"What exactly are we studying?" You questioned, while you two headed to the library, no reply. "What time is it?" You asked him, you were hungry since you missed lunch talking to Snape. "5:24, why?" He said dryly, "Let's head to the great hall for dinner instead, I never ate lunch." you stated.
Draco and you engaged in conversation while making your way to the great hall, you were there quickly and before you knew it Draco, Blaise, Pansy and you were all seated together and eating your meals. It was awkwardly silent, so once you finished you got up and left without another word to your friends.

"Salem!" You called for your dark grey and black owl, you were in the owlery and were looking to send a letter to Cedric. Your owl came and landed on your shoulder, pecking your ear affectionately "Hi, Salem." you pet him.
You put a piece of parchment up against the wall and began to write:

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟, 𝐶𝑒𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑐
𝐼'𝑚 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝐷𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑜, 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡. 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑡 10:30 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡..
𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛, 𝐶𝑒𝑑
𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦,
𝒴/𝒩

You read over it before rolling it up and tying a ribbon around it and handing it to your owl, "Bring this to Cedric."

You had returned to your common room and it was nearly 10:00, the common room was empty, except for some first year studying across the room. The silence was almost uncomfortable, but you just focused on the sizzling fire. You checked the time and decided to go to your dormitory and take off your uniform and slipped on a grey hoodie, black leggings and Doc Marten shoes. Lucky for you, Pansy was sleeping. You quietly crept back down to the common room and realized the first year had left, Perfect, you thought to yourself before leaving towards the astronomy tower.
You were faced with many stairs that lead up to the tower, once you got to the top you realized Cedric was already there. "Cedric!" You ran into his warm embrace and took in the smell of his cologne, he smelled like the grass and trees. "Sorry I'm late," You apologized quickly the moment you guys pulled apart "Y/N, don't worry about it." he beamed. You watched Cedric move to the rail of the tower and looked out at everything around and to the sky, he put his hands on the rail. You walked up next to him and leaned on him slightly, "It's good to be with you again," he admitted "I agree." you smiled. "Y/N, I want to ask you something if that's okay." You thought you heard something, it felt like you weren't alone, you were probably being silly. "Go on," You said softly, yawning "Are you dating him?" you took a second to reply "Dating who?" you questioned. "Draco." He says dryly, you hear something from behind you but decide you're probably just tired. "I see the way he looks at you, and how he had his arm around you this morning." A frown crossed your face and you sighed, "No," you admitted "I am not." you told him in all honesty. "He seems very protective over you." You didn't really know what to say, "Ced, Draco has been my friend since first year and I consider him as one of my bestfriends, I think of you the same and he shouldn't be feeling threatened." you heard Cedric let out a breath he seemed to be holding in "What do you think of Cho?" You were silent. "Cho Chang." He said "Oh, she seems nice, do you fancy her?" I asked, a grin creeping across my face as I asked "I think so," he shrugged. "Y'know, Y/N, if you do like Malfoy you can tell me?" Your body trembled a little, remembering your interactions with Draco today. "Honestly, I don't know right now." Cedric nodded, "If you do end up, N/N, you can talk to me about it. I'm sure you guys would be great together." You stood up straight "Same with you and Cho, I'm sure she likes you back." You assured him. "I think I'll head back down to my common room now, I'm getting tired." you said admittedly "I'll stay here a little longer, it's actually quite nice, the view." you turned to leave and right when you were at the top of the stairs Cedric said "Y/N? Lets do this again sometime." you smiled to yourself "Goodnight, Cedric."

You were finally almost to your common room, He liked Cho? You kept thinking to yourself, I thought he liked me- you quickly shut that thought out, you may have liked Cedric but you knew there was no way he would like a Slytherin. You whispered the password and entered the common room, What the hell? "Hello, Draco." you tried to sound calm. "I saw you leave," he admitted, Shit shit shit "I don't want you talking to him anymore?". You took a few steps forward and crossed your arms "What do you mean-" he quickly cut you off "Cedric. He'll lead you on if he hasn't already." How did he sound so calm? "Ced is my bestfriend and I don't even like him like that!" Your anger began to boil, you had a short temper "I've seen the way you look at him, he likes Cho." he said flatly. Your eyes stung No no no, Y/N L/N, you are NOT about to cry infront of him again. You mentally cussed yourself "I heard every last bit of your conversation, you didn't sound very enthusiastic about him and Cho." he smirked, What a git! Your bottom lip began to quiver Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry you repeated to yourself. "You fancy me?" He questioned, he sounded so full of himself the way he said it.
There it was, you started to cry. You just stood there and cried, he didn't seem to know what to do until you began to sob. He walked up to you and you didn't even notice, "You git! You followed me?" you spat out through tears. "Shh," He hushed you and pulled him into his arms, your stomach felt butterflies at his touch, you felt safe. You were still crying uncontrollably "How could you?" you choked out. "I'm sorry, Y/N. It's okay," He assured you and started stroking your head, your face buried into his chest, muffling your sobs. "I didn't mean to make you cry, please stop crying." He let go of you, your eyes were red and his t-shirt was damp from your tears. He snaked his hand around your waist and led you to the couch, he sat down at the far left "Lay down," he said softly. You did as he told you to and laid down, resting your head on his lap and fell asleep with him gently playing with your hair.