Secrets - 5

SECRETS
Chapter 5
—— v —— v —— v —— v —— v —— v ——

I'm not sure where we're going, but I do know it's going to be an amazing experience. Just the two of us. We run with as much energy as we can muster to the parking lot of the karaoke bar.

Running in the direction of the bar where my car is; crossing busy streets trying not to but failing at avoiding bumping into strangers, and going through shady alleyways filled with broken beer bottles, opened condoms, and cigarette buds, we arrive. I pop out my keys from the pocket of my jeans and he hesitates. "Is this yours or did you steal those?" His eye squinting intensifies and he points a dainty finger to my key.

I chuckle at the playful spark in his narrow eyes pardoning the suspicion, and open the passenger door for him. "Get in!" He mumbles about how I didn't answer the question, and slides onto the leather seats.

He buckled his seat belt and gasped in drunken realization when the metal slid inside of the buckle, creating a click sound. Turning to me as I got in beside him, and stuck the key into the ignition. "Wait! Aren't you drunk too?!"

I glanced at him, confidence in my eyes. "I got this!" I didn't bother explaining the ins and outs of alcohol flowing through a vampire's system or how it worked, so I left him at that. Incoherent babbling escaped his windpipe and I smirked, starting the car anyway. His mouth closed and he clenched onto the seatbelt, believing if he did hard enough, he'd escape the situation.

[♪♪♪]

After driving for an undisclosed amount of time, an arcade comes into my vision and I park nearby.

"Do you play games?" I ask him as we both step out of the car. He seems to be skipping a little as we approached the arcade door, the bright yellow light-up sign reflecting beautifully in his eyes behind thin frames.

"Mhm!" He hums warmly and with that small confirmation, I grab a hold of his soft hand, pulling him inside.

I pay for our activity card, constantly having to stop little Halo from trying to pay for both of us, assuring him I had it covered, and we get to the main hall. The stubborn and caring nature I've noticed he has, is one of the main things I find so attractive and special about him.

The arcade was actually a two story building. It was one of those arcades with multiple activities, including but not limited to simple video games.

Upstairs was laser tag, rock climbing, and the main dining area. Downstairs, the area you started in when you walked through the front doors, had exclusively video games. There was a loft to the side where you could buy snacks, drinks, and cash out tickets for dumb prizes.

The middle and other side was packed full of different game options ranging from shooting, electronic puzzles such as crossy road, air hockey, old fashioned games like pinball or Pac-Man, and car racing. There was even a digital chest and checkers game available!

I looked over to gage Halo's reaction and my expectations were correct. He looked starry eyed, staring in disbelief at all the choices, and I chuckled to myself at his actions. "What's first?"

He bites his lip shyly and I catch his eyes flick for a nanosecond on a random shooting game.

Getting the subtle hint I would've missed with anyone else, I pulled him over to the game he saw. Sliding the activity card in the slot, we start the game and press the two player 1v1 option.

We started on opposite sides of the map, which looked eerily similar to the 'HiJacked' yacht map in Call Of Duty. I wasn't good at shooting games so my tactic was to hide in the jacuzzi near the very back of the yacht and crouch there, hoping my player couldn't be seen from above the bubbles.