Side Story

I sighed, as I look at the stacked papers in front of me.

"Graduating is not easy" I felt even tired now by the thought that I haven't had my lunch yet due to all of this works.

So. I decide to give myself a break.

"Maybe work can wait, food come first" I packed my things before going to the restaurant where my friends are at.

They did invited me earlier, but I decline the offer because of the works that needs to be done, but now my stomach is begging to be filled.

Your stomach is your child, you know? Gotta put them as your top priority.

Before I went inside the restaurant, I texted then in our group chat, asking if they are still here. But unfortunately, Aera replied that i'm too late so they left first to continue their work and told me to blame myself.

Then it ended will just a ':p' emoji. I giggle at Aera's childish behaviour.

'Nobody is blaming anyone, idiot'

I just went inside the restaurant and ordered a meal for myself. While waiting for my meal to be served, my phone rings.

Kang Taehyun is calling

Yeah, Kang Taehyun. After his graduation, we're going steady. He further his study on the nearby university. He visited me often when he came back home since we are neighbours. And yeah, Im happy that he is still here with me.

I smiled, of course due to the fluttering feelings that i'm feeling.

"What's up?" I answered it with a cool greeting, since that is what he hate the most.

'Ahhh, stop with that greeting. Be more ladylike, can't you?' I could hear him sighed from the speaker, i giggles slowly.

"If you don't accept me at my worst, you can't have me at my best" Remembering those cringey online quotes I read before, I just blurted it out.

'Shut up. Since when do you have 'yiur best'?"

I'm about to snap but he just changed the topic.

'Look outside'

The sudden request made me startled. I look outside the restaurant  almost immediately and a big smile stamped on my face.

Kang Taehyun outside, just waving while giving me the sweetest smile.

=======

"Ahhh, the meals is so delicious!!" I put my hand over my stomach, rubbing them, signalling how full I am.

"It's delicious because you're not the one paying it right?" Taehyun laugh, while mocking me, rubbing his stomach as well.

"Exactly!" I smile.

Taehyun smiles back at me, but his smile looks so comforting.

"You looks so happy? I thought you're stressed over your assignments? Is it done already? That's fast" Taehyun grinned, happy seeing how happy I look, I guess?

I smile shyly at him. Eventuough, we're very close and can joke around really well, i still do get embarrassed a lot around him.

"Of course, It's been 2 weeks since we last saw each other. Of course, I'm happy" I grinned but just keeping my eyes forward, embarrassed to look at his reaction.

A sudden warmth lingering around my hands shocked me. I look down only to see Taehyun wrapping my hand around his, before intertwining our fingers together.

"That made me really happy haha" I almost laugh at his reaction. A faint blush can be seen on his cheeks and the way he try to cover it with an awakward haha is very cute.

"HAHAHAHAHA What's with that? That is sooo freaking cute!" I pinched his cheeks with my other hand. He is adorable, I know.

Taehyun sighed before taking my hand away from his face.

"Stop, I'm a grown man, you know? That's embarrassing" The complaint make him sounds even cuter.

"Pfftt, how are you a grown man while looking that cu-"

A warmth suddenly engulfing my lips. A foreign feeling I've never felt, It's very warm. I just feel so new and funny but it made me feel safe. My eyes just went big, surprised at how close Taehyun is to my face, that our lips are touching each other.

He slowly backed away while smiling. Me, still in shocked just freeze there.

"I told you, I'm a grown man now" While grinning proudly after able to stun me by his action.

"Th-that doesn't make you look like a grown man at all! Y-you look even more childish" I slap his shoulder, hoping that would hurt him as much as how he makes me suffocated by the beating of my heart.

He gave me a bored-looking face.

"Don't make me throw you into that trash bin" He said while pointing to the trash bin beside me.

I laugh, suddenly remembering at how he used to tell me that the trash bin and I have no difference at all, yet this trash bin are the one he likes, well he kissed this trash bin.

"See you sounds very childish just now" I laugh, and slowly I grabbed his hands, intertwining our fingers back together. The coldness that my hand were feeling are now gone.

Taehyun smiles at me, returning my grin.

He put our intertwined hands into his jacket povket before continue walking. I just smile, enjoying whatever he is doing.

"Let's stay like this until I'm grownup enough" He tightening our hands even more inside his pocket.

"Then, I will make sure to treat you even better. So, please wait for me"  He smile at me, warmly.

I just love how the cold air felt so comforting and the snow that I'm stepping on felt like a warm sunny's springs grass. I like how everything it is now, and I want it to stay like this forever. Because my feelings for him is way too deep than I expected it would be.

I smile,

"Sounds good to me..."