Taking Care

Your POV

You know what's the worst feeling ever? When person you love is sick!

After we returned back from Engagement ceremony immediately the next morning Harry got sick. He have fever! My dad prescribed him some meds. Perks of having doctors in family!

I feel so bad seeing him sever in cold. I turned off the AC and closed the windows of his room as it's cold here. It's the month of December.

"do you want anything Harry?" I sat next to him.

"no, I am good." he smiled.

"do you want soup?" I touched his forehead to check his fever, he's temperature have seem to cool down a bit.

"no it's fine. Thanks!"

"do you want anything to eat? Tea? Black coffee?"

"I am good, Love. Calm down!" he held both of my hands.

"ohk now take a nap you'll feel better. Lie down!" I ordered him. I tucked him in. "you sure you don't want anything?"

"no, I will ask you if I need anything. You don't need to worry."

"I am worried." I held his hand, wrapping my fingers firmly around his thumb kissing it before I bring his hand close to my heart. "I love you!" I mumbled.

His eyes went wide for a second, I realised this was the first time. Shit! Did I messed up?

"I love you too!" he smiled widely. I let out a sigh of relief.

"you sure you don't want or need anything?" I asked again.

"yes!" he nodded. "I want you stop asking me if I need anything." he chuckled.

"that is not gonna happen!" I assured him, leaning down to kiss his cheeks.

"we should not be kissing now. I don't want you to get sick as well." He whispered.

"I don't care!" I gently pecked his lips.

It's kinda weird to me because he's the one who is pampering and spoiling me with all the affection and kisses and now it's like we've switched roles. I just want him to feel better.

"you're not feeling cold right?" I asked. I feel like I am annoying him, I probably am but I can't help it. "you want a hot water bag it will help."

"these sheets are warm enough." he scooted a little more under the blankets, he calls them sheets.

"ohk. I'll go make you some tea. You'll feel better." I got up and walked out and ran to the kitchen to make some Tea.

"I want a cup too!" Asher said.

"me three!" Samar walked in.

"me four!" Ajiah chimed. I made everyone tea and took two cups to Harry's room. My mum checking on him.

"hmmm, your fever is a little down now." my mum said, shaking the thermometer in her hand. "someone here seem to be taking care of you really good huh!"

I rolled my eyes, "yup! She's been asking me so many questions!" Harry said.

"I am just a little worried for you ohk!" I handed him a mug of warm goodness. "Mumma, I made you and Papa some Chai too, if you want."

"yes of course!" she got up. "try to take a nap Harry, ohk?"

"yeah! Thank you!" he nodded.

"your most welcome darling!" she walked out.

"why does this taste a little spicy?" he asked taking a sip from his Chai.

"it's Masala Chai. It's really good, have a lot of benefits. Figured it will help you feel good." I picked up my mug too.

"your so sweet, thank you!"

"I know right!" *sips the tea*

"I should really take a nap, I have a bad headache." he set his empty mug down on the side table.

"why didn't you tell me?" I kept my mug down as well. "come here!" I patted my lap asking him to rest his head on my lap. He did as I said so, I massaged his head until he fell asleep. I made him lay down properly, resting his head back on the pillow. I pulled the blanket up till his shoulder and kissed his forehead before walking out.

I helped Keesha to do the dishes. There are no functions today. Tomorrow the wedding day so everyone is taking rest to look fresh. Especially the groom, it's gonna be his day!

"how is your boyfriend now?" she asked.

"he fell asleep." I said keeping the dish she washed on it's place. "you had an early morning appointment right? How is the baby doing?"

"yeah, we went to Mumma's office for check up. Baby is doing well." she smiled. I smiled back. For some reason I am so intrigued and interested in talking to pregnant women. I guess it's because I used to go to hospital with my mom whilst no one would be available to look after me. I would just sit in a corner at her office reading my book or complimenting my homework. I was just 4.

I was there with Keesha at the time she gave birth to Arya. Her parents couldn't make it there in time for the delivery and Reyan seriously passed out. There was no one to support her, so I had to be her support system. It was something surreal to experience.

I snorted remembering Reyan passing out, "you need to call your mom this time. I don't know if I'll be able to be there with you."

"yeah." she laughed. "he literally hit his head on the hospital bed when he passed out."

"oh yeah I totally forgot about that!" I clapped my hands as I laughed. "his forehead was all swollen."

"what is going on here?" we heard Reyan, who greeted her wife with a kiss.

"aye, chill with PDA." I covered my eyes with my hand. He just hit the back of my head.

"we were talking about how you fainted during Arya's delivery." Keesha said. Reyan just smiled an embarrassed smile.

"this is why I didn't chose medicine!" he defended himself.

"I am glad you didn't!" I nodded. "or god knows how you'd manage to check your patients!"

"that would be disaster." He agreed.

I quickly made Harry a smoothie and snacks. It's been a good 3 hours now. I walked to his room.

"Harry?" I tapped his arm gently. He just hummed, making me chuckle. "Harry, come on get up. You can go back to sleep, you need to eat something!" he have not had anything since breakfast and it's now 5pm.

"Harry!" I tugged on his arm.

"I am up!" he mumbled yawning and rubbing his eyes with his knuckles. I stopped him from doing that, that not good for his eyes.

"thanks!" he smiled taking the bowl of smoothie I made for him.

"no problem!" I said. "do you wanna watch a movie?"

"yeah sure." he shrugged. I got my laptop and got under the blanket next to him. He asked to watch Bambi so I played that.