Stupid Articles

Your POV

Another day on press tour, what I didn't know was there was drama stored in for me today. Apparently, one of Jasmine's cousins posted pictures from their wedding day. And those included Harry, and also me. Of course there are articles going around. I shouldn't be calling them stupid because it's the truth but... It's a total chaos. Rumours about Tom and I haven't been addressed yet! For some reason no one asked about it.

I haven't read any of those. Karan haven't even spoke about it. I didn't even met him after breakfast, that's when I got to know about those articles because Sarah- my assistant told me about it. I texted Harry about it immediately but he didn't respond, maybe he's busy.

The next interviewer came in. He greeted Tom and I, and introduce himself as Jeff.

"first of all, I am not gonna ask you to tell us more about the movie." he said, I just smiled. "Tom, what is your favourite movie quote?"

"I'm a trained actor mf- Robert Downey Jr from Tropic Thunder. That is my favourite thing to say. Directors come up to me and give me a note like: did you get it? And I'm like- yeah, I am a trained actor MF!" he tried to make his voice deeper at the end making me laugh. "I actually used it on set with Robert and he died laughing. So yeah, so that's my favourite movie quotes!" he added.

"what about you YN?" Jeff asked.

"Oh, I- I don't have any. I don't really watch movies that much." I shrugged.

"seriously?" Tom looked at me.

"yeah, I mean I do watch movies but I tend to space out alot. I can't pay attention to a single thing for 3 hours straight!" I explained myself.

"yeah, right." he nodded.

"YN, we don't seem to know much about you, yet."

"oh, what you wanna know about me?" I asked.

"when and how did your career started off?"

"I guess when I was around 8." I said.

"really?" Tom asked, he looked surprised.

"yup! I participated at this show called The Voice, back home, in India. I made it till the battle round and they eliminated me." I explained. "I was so, so, so, so heart broken. Because I practiced so hard for that song!" I sighed.

"why- why did they eliminated you?" Jeff asked.

"according to them I needed more practice. I was pretty good at it. I have been training since literally I started speaking, since I was 3. My Nani- my mum's mum- got me into these singing classes. But they still eliminated me." I looked down. "and now that I look back I really should've said: I am a trained singer MF!"

Tom started laughing.

"how did your acting career started?" Jeff asked chuckling over my joke.

"when I started my YouTube. I wrote and produced this short film with one my great friend, Shalini. I never really enjoyed acting back them but it just sparked that little part of my brain, I submitted few videos of me acting for this movie and I got the role." I finished my rant. I hate taking about myself.

"you have no family contacts in this industry?"

"no, not even remotely! Everyone in my family is either a Doctor or an Engineer of some sort." I shook my head.

"oh cool!" Jeff nodded. And then he asked the forbidden question: "are you two dating?"

I have never seen a journalist this straight forward and on topic. He literally asked about my career from start till now and now he's asking my love life.

"no, we're just friends." Tom shook his head.

"yup! We're just friends!" I agreed. It's the truth!

"so you're juat friends with Harry Styles too?" ohk now he's pissing me off so much. I just kept my calm.

"I-" don't know what to say! Harry amd I have never talked about making our relationship 'public' yet. I don't want him to be mad. "Yeah, you- you can technically say that." I nodded.

"you sure?"

What the- seriously?!

"ya!" I shrugged. This is so awkward. I shift on my place, I took a sip of water. I am seriously so anxious right now.

"it was really nice talking to you two!" He got up and shook hands with Tom. I folded my arms around my chest and just smiled at him. He left. After the cameras were cut off, I sighed. Good thing this was the last interview before the lunch break.

"what the fuck was that?" I asked. "he was seriously getting on my nerves! How do you handle all this?" I turned to Tom.

"you handled his questions pretty good." he said.

"you should've told the truth because I heard Harry confirmed the rumours yesterday on The Late Late show With James Corden." Sarah informed.

"he did?" I am shocked.

"yup!" she nodded.

"good thing you did not confirmed the rumours." Karan said as he walked in.

"why? Those are technically not rumours, that's the truth." I am so confused.

"yeah, but you can't just do that." he handed me my Tea I asked for.

"why?" I asked.

"it will seriously affect your relationship with the Management. You still have a year left on your contract with us." he said.

"how is that even possible? It's not Harry and I doing anything bad."

"I got an email from the CEO he said that this is just distraction for you and he wants this to stop." he looked guilty as he say his words.

"what?" I almost screamed. I love my management company. They gave me all the freedom to work however I wanted. But what hell this behaviour? I have been working with them since I literally stared my YouTube, 5 years ago and this never happened before. Even with that guy who ditched me. I literally announced about my date with him to the entire office and no one said anything! Why Harry?

"I don't think they should mix up your professional and personal life." Tom spoke up.

"I know! I am so surprised right now. This never happened before. I literally announced my date with that asshole to the entire office, YOU were there and CEO was there too!" I told Karan.

"I know, he knew you were young and it wouldn't last long!"

"this is seriously pissing me off, SERIOUSLY! What if that DID worked out? Then what?" I asked.

"I don't know!" Karan shrugged. "I feel so bad but I can't do anything. I am just an employee. You know that!" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"but why can't you do anything? I can't do what you're asking me to do! Please!" I have no other choice than just to beg him to do something. I really don't want it to affect any of my relationships with anyone!

"I am so sorry!" Karan looked down.

"what are they going to if I refuse to do what they want?" I asked, calmly. I can't be freaking out.

"he can fire you, and you'll have to pay for concessions for the events planned for this year." Karan said.

"you know I can sue that old man for interfering in my personal life, right?" I banges the arms rests of the chair I was sitting on.

"you can't do that, you're bound in a contract with the company."

"what is this? Is this my actual life or a damn wattpad story? How is Harry a distraction to me?" I am starting to get angry now.

"I have no idea. You know he's a bit bossy!" Karan sat down on a vacant chair. "anyway let's get going, we have to leave for airport in 3 hours."

We had our lunch at the restaurant, well, everyone ate except me. We headed to the airport.

(AN: Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2021 will be a great year for all of us.)