Prologue

Gensokyo, a land of Fantasy and the Occult, existed and hidden within mountains, and a barrier which separates itself from our world.

A wolf tengu runs through a small stream of water which flows along a forest. She staggered and fell forwards to the ground before looking up to see one of her kin being slain by a shikigami.

The shikigami then noticed the injured wolf, and tried to approach her for the kill. However a laser beam hits her through the neck, before she collapsed to the ground, lifeless.

"Is the war... Still on?"

Are the last words of that Tengu before she was then slain. Fast forwards a few weeks later, during the night, two figures are seen fighting each other.

One wields a flaming spear, while the other wields a sword. It is the battle between a Vampire, a being from the foreign lands beyond Japan, and a Lunarian princess who had come from the moon, in order to suppress the vampire threat.

The vampire raised her spear before smashing it to the ground, creating a small crater as the Lunarian dodged to the side, before stepping on the spear in an attempt to climb on her back, but failed as the Vampire shook her off.

They were back on level ground, where they clashed their weapons once again, before the Lunarian overpowered the vampire by pushing her off, and thrusted her blade into the soles of the vampire's right foot.

The vampire grunted, but still stands as the wound heals slowly. She then thrusted her spear again towards the fragile looking Lunarian, who barely parried her attack, before she slashed the vampire in the right hip before dashing to her back, and thrusts her blade through her back, piercing her heart.

The Vampire growled lowly, before she collapsed to the ground.

"Baroness Remilia is no more!"

The Lunarian in question is Watatsuki no Yorihime, a powerful Lunarian who had once driven off the vampire, and the Hakurei Miko, who was accompanying her back then.

Years after that failed attempt to defeat Yorihime, Remilia the Vampire Baroness begins a tyrannical campaign which makes her a feared individual. The Hakurei Miko at that time has fallen ill, and was unable to stop her.

Now with no ruler left in Gensokyo, Yorihime decided to stay after she marveled at the wonders of Gensokyo, remodeling what once was the Scarlet Devil Mansion into her own fortress with her elite guards, all trained at spartan level, patrolling all over it.

----------

Back during the end of the war after Remilia was slain, a lone girl with white hair crouched down, grabbing a katana from one of the fallen Tengu who were allied with the Lunarians at the time.

She looked up, to see a bearded man with a sword pointed at her.

"What is it, stray girl? Nothing left to lose?"

The girl shook her head, and she held the blade that was pointed at her. The man smiled, before he brought her along with him.

The girl trained under the man, until she grows up to be a woman of unmatched skill in swordsmanship.

"From now on, Youmu Konpaku, you shall serve your master, the Hakurei Miko herself. However, you shall also remember that me, your father's orders are the most absolute. Your master is a second."

"I understood, Father."

During her service, the lone girl would find that her life will change for the worst.