The Hermit, The Rabbit And The Phoenix

The swordswoman opened her eyes slowly, in the darkness that is lit by only a single candle. She can hear snakes hissing and other animal sounds around the area.

"I see, you're finally awake."

She looked over to the source of the voice, belonging to a girl with short pink hair with buns on the sides. She wears an outfit that a hermit might wore, and the most distinctive part is that on the chest is a rose ornament. Her right arm is bandaged up, while the left one had a handcuff on the wrist, with broken chains.

"Don't worry.  I am not your enemy. I merely brought you here out of compassion."

The swordswoman then looked down to see that her wounds are healed, although she did see some ghostly trails flowing from it.

"It is a miracle indeed that you survived your heart being destroyed. However in the process, you lose half of your humanity. Half of you is now a phantom, formed from a grudge against whoever did it to you."

"Who... Are you?"

"Who am I, you ask me? I am a hermit."

"A... Hermit?"

"That's true. My name is Ibaraki Kasen, and this is my home."

"Where is this home, to be exact?"

"Youkai Mountain. I had to drag you all the way here. If you want to save your mistress, who is very important for this land's survival, you must be quick."

"Those Lunarians, do they really wanted to use her heritage?"

"Undoubtedly. The Lunarians with the power of the Hakurei will be unstoppable. However, you are not ready either."

She turned her gaze towards the swordswoman, and continued.

"Seek the phoenix who resides outside my home, she may help you in some way. Also seek the Rabbit outside as well, she is also important."

"A Phoenix and a Rabbit? How odd."

"You'll know them when you meet them."

The swordswoman excused herself before she leaves. Outside she sees a lush landscape inundated with flowers, the path ahead leads to a forest of bamboos where more animals who have been domesticated by the Hermit lives.

However there is a person in front of her as well, admiring the view. She had long light purple hair, and a pair of rabbit ears on top of her head. She wears a black blazer and white skirt.

"You are... A Lunar rabbit aren't you?"

The figure turned around, and revealed her face which made the swordswoman twitched.

"You're finally awake..."

The rabbit girl in front of her... Is a beauty. Bright red eyes like the ripest red rose, and a beautiful face.

"...Youmu."

Youmu? For some reason, that name is familiar to the swordswoman.

"Youmu?"

"That's your name. We've met before."

However, 'Youmu' doesn't remember meeting her before, but for some reason she becomes even more smitten by the rabbit.

"We've... Met?"

"Yes, indeed. I am Reisen Inaba... You used to call me Udonge, like my master did."

"Udonge...?"

The rabbit girl sighed, before saying "Maybe this will jog your memory...?" Before she leaned forward, puts her hands on Youmu's shoulders and gazed into her eyes.