The Search for The Roukanken - Retrieving The Sword

Youmu sees that the temple grounds have been renovated as of late. Now there's even a bridge, which leads to the main temple building. The bridge spans along a man-made ravine, and Youmu doesn't want to know what's at the bottom of it.

It looks like the crooked monks planned the renovation, so that they could dump any evidence of their schemes.

The bridge also had a viewing platform to see how deep the ravine goes, it's already looking like a man-made natural paradise beyond the ravine, but the bottom of it is all black.

It was then when she heard a metallic clang behind her. She turned her sights around to see a cyan haired figure holding a Youkai umbrella? It had an eye and a tongue.

 She turned her sights around to see a cyan haired figure holding a Youkai umbrella? It had an eye and a tongue

She is dressed in a suit of metal armor, which covers her entire torso and arms, and a pair of metal geta.

"Halt. For the sake of my lover, you shall not pass. Drop your sword."

Youmu responds by unsheathing Hakuroken, and turned around.

"I will not."

"Then die."

The armored figure then charged at Youmu, and surprisingly she's fast despite how heavy that armor looked.

Youmu barely deflected the umbrella's attack, but then it's tongue begins to reach out to Youmu, grossing her out.

Youmu then cuts the tongue off, and in response, the figure held her own tongue, stunning her for a moment as the tongue begins to regenerate. However, Youmu used this opportunity to kick her off the platform. First she jumped into the figure, took an odd umbrella which she slung on her back, and kicked her in the back, sending her tumbling towards the platform's railings. The rails broke, and the figure fell down into the abyss below.

"Any time now..." Youmu said to herself, seeing the armored figure falling down into the abyss.

In the middle of her falling, the figure pulls out a backpack like object and puts it on her back.

"My lover... I'm happy you gave me this parachute you made, I will land safely--"

She pulls the pin, and an umbrella like chute pops out off the backpack like object, but the ropes snapped due to the weight of her armor.

"SUKUNAAAAAA....."

A loud roar is heard throughout the land, as a loud thud then finished the roaring. A total silence then filled Gensokyo, as they figure out what sound was that just now.

"Well, at least I got a new toy..."

Youmu inspected the odd umbrella she received. Apparently the shaft is retractable, and the umbrella itself is made of strong iron, weird but she could probably use it as a shield.

She walked off, crossing the bridge and she finds herself in front of the giant temple building. She scaled the steps, avoiding the patrolling crooked monks, and went inside the temple doors, only to be dragged by a figure.