Gyoubu Tsuki no Seiran

Youmu continues to move towards the Fortress of Watatsuki. Along the way she encounters more patrols and Lunar rabbits who served as the alarms.

Youmu made quick work of them, as she had prepared some throwing kunai which she had crafted back at Kasen's place.

At first she took care of the alarm rabbits, before she then made her move on foot. The guards that see her tried to approach her for the kill, only to have themselves end up in a pool of crimson blood, flooding the ground a bit.

At long last, Youmu reached the Fortress gate, and just as she was about to make another step she sees the gate bursts into pieces.

"My name, is Gyoubu Tsuki no Seiran! As I breathe, you will not pass the fortress gate!"

Youmu closed her eyes for a moment, before reopening them when her sword is fully drawn out.

In front of her is a Lunar rabbit, in her usual uniform. This one is carrying a bloodstained mallet, and on her back is a contraption, possibly made by the Kappa. A machine that spins around on top of her head, making her flying across.

She flew forwards, trying to do a nose dive, but Youmu dodged it.

'What should I do...? I need an optional strategy to gain advantage!' Youmu said mentally.

But then when she was thinking, the lunar rabbit who is named Seiran swung her mallet, hitting Youmu right in her head.

Youmu stood there, her eyes spinning before she grinned and opened her mouth wide.

"SLASHING SPAAAM...."

And of course since she said it out loud, Seiran landed the killing blow by swinging the mallet down, crushing Youmu down under.

Death

Youmu opened her eyes, finding herself awakened at the jizo statue she was resting at, right outside the area where Seiran would be, and made a weirded out expression after seeing what happened.

"There's no way one hit from that would turn me into an idiot..." Youmu told herself, before taking a deep breath to calm herself down.

Youmu went towards the area again, and Seiran bursted through the gates like before, yelling out her name.

But then again, Seiran flew across the skies at ease while Youmu still is on her feet. As she flew towards Youmu she wildly swings her mallet, crushing anything it hits, even a rock that was in the way.

However she then noticed that after one charge when she stopped, Seiran would take a short break.

Youmu motioned her phantom half to lengthen itself so it may reach the pack on Seiran's back that holds the spinning blades, before propelling herself towards her, and landed a blow by plunging Hakuroken through the back.

Blood gushes out, but then Seiran shakes Youmu off, before she landed down a bit to swing her mallet a couple of times.

Youmu managed to dodge one swing that hits a wooden watchtower which then collapsed upon being hit by the attack.

"You will not get this rabbit's head!"

Youmu pulled out a couple of kunai from her pouch and threw them at Seiran who knocked them out of the air, but then Youmu aimed for the spinning blades which then caused them to malfunction.

Seiran was forced to land, and she started to fight Youmu on foot.

The both of them traded attacks one after another, being evenly matched. However Seiran made one mistake of raising her mallet too slow, in which Youmu retaliated by breaking her guard with a left hook, before plunging Hakuroken into her chest. After pulling it out, Youmu then pounced Seiran over, causing them to fall to the ground before Youmu plunges her blade a couple more times into Seiran's heart.

"Toyohime-Sama... Forgive me."

幻殺
Phantom Execution

Youmu then stood up, before swiping her sword to get the blood off from it before leaving the bloodied corpse to rot behind her.

Even though she was the enemy, Youmu can feel that she has regrets of spilling her blood all over the place, and the memory of their duel would remain deep inside her.

Youmu shook her head, and focused on to rescuing the Divine Miko.

- To Be Continued