A Failed Escape

As soon as the swordswoman left the shed she was met with a guard, who drew his sword out of his scabbard.

"Who are you!? I... Intruder!"

The other guards were alerted, and ran to where he is. All of them were wearing lacquer armor, and wielding swords.

The swordswoman didn't reply. She just walked forward slowly, passing by the entire group of guards, and upon passing the last guard blood begins to spray out from their necks, like fountains.

What exactly happened is that the swordswoman used her katana, the Hakuroken, but it's so fast that she doesn't appear to be drawing it out and killing them. She just walked pass, and as if she is the winds of death, the guards fell to the ground in the pool of their own blood.

The swordswoman continued to walk slowly until she reaches an archway that leads to a garden where she sees a tall man, in a Yukata is guarding a gate.

"You... I thought you have lost the will to fight. Doesn't matter now, You now face Guard Leader, Shinobu--"

The man wasn't even given a chance to shout out his name, and the next thing he sees when he blinked his eyes, is that a sword has been plunged into his chest.

The swordswoman pulled Hakuroken out of the man's body, before he held the wound and fell back to the ground lifeless. She searched the man, finding a prayer bead, and some chopped fish. She then walked over to the walls, and started to rub onto them until she sensed an anomaly within it.

She pressed the part where that anomaly is, and a small hatch opened behind her, revealing a tunnel. This must be the secret exit that the Little Miko told the swordswoman. She took out the reed whistle and a melodious whistling came out once she played it.

The Miko ran towards her servant, and motions her to get inside the hatch after her.

"Before we proceed across the tunnel, do you have any questions?"

"I do. Why did they kidnap one as young as you are?"

"My lineage. The powers of a Hakurei Miko which can defeat any foe, human or Youkai or even Lunarians."

"For what purpose?"

"They fear that there may be a revolution impeding. The Fairies of the Lake and Forests rejected the Lunarians' presence here in Gensokyo, and occasionally assaulted the fortress. None passed, but more of them came the longer we stayed here, and somehow even more stronger even though they were fairies. Is there anything else that you want to ask?"

"Nothing else for now, Young Mistress."

"Off we go, shall we?"

The both of them walked across the tunnel, until they reach a door. Opening it leads to a cliff overlooking the lake. However that's not the only thing they see.

There stood a hatted woman, staring into the moon.

"The Divine Hakurei Miko. The last time we stood together was at your predecessor's funeral."

"Toyohime-Sama... My--!!"

The swordswoman blocks her way, her facial expression saying 'try not to lose your cool'.

"Forgive me."

"Let me handle this, Young Mistress."

Slowly, the swordswoman removed Hakuroken from it's scabbard, it's blade reflecting the moonlight as it's being pulled out.

"So, the noble swordswoman has decided to go against us as well?"

Asked the Lunarian princess, who unsheathed her own blade from it's scabbard.

"You now face... Watatsuki no Toyohime."

The swordswoman closed her eyes, and when she opened them she finds herself locking her blade with Toyohime's. But then Toyohime kicked her in the gut using her knee before making a fatal thrust through her heart.

"Is that all that an impure swordswoman had to offer? The Divine Miko is coming with me."

Were her words as the swordswoman finds herself closing her eyes slowly, her strength fading away.

Blinking, she finds herself back at the start of the fight. It was an unique ability that she had as a child, to see what will happen in an attempt.

Toyohime begins to walk slowly towards the swordswoman, and swings her sword wildly.

"It's clear that she's not too experienced with it... Why bother?"

Deciding not to lock blades with her due to what she sees during the attempt, the swordswoman instead just deflected each swing from Toyohime who became even more desperate.

Toyohime knelt down as she felt herself being tired from the reckless attack. And the next thing she knows is that the blade of Hakuroken is thrusted through her throat, before it was pulled back by it's handler.

Blood begins to spray all over the grass, staining the green plants into red.

"I cannot lose... I cannot!"

She stood back up quickly while her left hand holds her wounded throat. She wildly swings her sword as the swordswoman kept deflecting her, before she then used her knee to kick the swordswoman.

However the latter jumped, and did an overhead kick which knocked Toyohime back to the ground. Just as she was about to get up, the swordswoman thrusted Hakuroken again, this time through Toyohime's heart.

Pulling it out, more blood sprayed out before Toyohime looked down.

"B... Bastard."

The swordswoman then pointed her blade to the now downed Lunarian Princess, intending to kill her should she dare to move another muscle.

"Hmm?"

An arrow flies through the air, which was then cut down by the swordswoman, but it was not until she turned her gaze back to see Toyohime had stood back up.

The swordswoman coughed out blood, as she sees that her heart had been pierced through by Toyohime's sword. The latter pulled the blade out, before the swordswoman knelt down, with looks of hatred on her face before collapsing.

Toyohime then swiped her blade to her side, removing the blood staining it before putting it back inside it's scabbard.

"An impure being like you would know the difference between honor and victory. The Divine Miko is coming with me."

The swordswoman heard the footsteps of Yorihime fading away before she hears a loud smack. She, daringly hit a little girl?

The swordswoman had never felt hatred this strong before. She closed her eyes slowly as blood begins to pool around her.

- To Be Continued