Youmu's Past, II - Lady Doremy

Youmu reached the end of the staircase, and opened the double doors that would lead her into the altar room. Inside, she finds the room ablaze in crimson flames.

In the middle of the room, stood a small figure in a non traditional Miko uniform, walking around sluggishly. Her eyes are blank, and she kept muttering out "Mother... Mother Reimu..."

That reminded Youmu. She was told that The Divine Miko was born from a special method, bearing the blood of both the Moriya and the Hakurei, which are both the great Shinto Priestesses in Gensokyo.

She has two mothers. It was by a miracle that her mother Reimu was able to get pregnant, from the miracles caused by the other mother, Kochiya Sanae, whom the Divine Miko had her green hair inherited.

Although, the miracle still lingered to this day, and women can impregnate another because of it. A population boom of newborns then occured as time passes.

Youmu also recalled, that the Human Village has become even more crowded as a result of the following years, and is on the verge of overpopulation. Some of the humans tried to assassinate the Great Sanae, but failed. Then they turned their attention to her and Reimu's daughter, The Divine Miko herself.

But then again, if Youmu did it with Reisen... Does it mean that Reisen is now... Deflowered of her purity? Shaking her head, she watches her past self more.

Youmu dashed towards her mistress and knelt down before putting her hands on her shoulders.

"Young Mistress!"

She didn't reply. Her eyes are still hazy... And empty.

"Genjutsu?"

Youmu then clapped two times, as spiritual energy flow from her into The Miko, and she woke up.

"Who... Are you?"

"Your vision is still hazy, Young Mistress. Come on, we need to leave--"

"I see that you are able to dispel the nightmare that I casted over to the child. Impressive..."

Youmu looked up to find the source of the voice, and she sees her. A figure with short blue hair, wearing an odd red hat with a fluffy woolen ball at the tip, and an outfit adorn with more of those woolen balls.

"Musume-Dono..."

"Doremy-Sama..."

"Who is she...? What's going on...?"

"Hide, Young Mistress. This will take a moment."

Youmu stood up, and draws out Hakuroken from it's scabbard as Lady Doremy conjured a small pink colored sphere over her right hand, and pulled out a small kunai using her left hand.

"Now now... Let's go all out shall we?'

 Let's go all out shall we?'

"Doremy-Sama... Why?"

"Why indeed? You'll lose if you doubt yourself, Musume-Dono."

Doremy started by throwing her pink sphere, which Youmu dodged, and dashed to thrust the blade towards Doremy.

However Doremy effortlessly deflected her thrust attack with a kick, before delivering another kick which Youmu was unable to counter due to the recoil.

"You fell for it, Doremy-Sama."

After being kicked for the second time, Youmu used the momentum from it to thrust the sharp blade of Hakuroken to the sole of Doremy's right foot.

"Gghk!"

Youmu pulled out, before she then delivered her own combo of kicks to Doremy, which she was able to deflect using her stiff arm, but not until her posture is broken from the excessively repetitive force.

After she was finally knocked back, and breaking her posture, Youmu thrusted the blade into Doremy's chest and pulled it out. Blood spurts out from her wound, but then she dissipated into blue flames.

"Fufufu~ Not bad, Musume-Dono!"

Her echoing voice is heard, as the flames around the altar room suddenly turned from crimson into blue, and translucent beings begin to march out from the burning flames.

"Now drown yourself in my nightmare I created."

"Too bad, I know how to counter this, Doremy-Sama... Just like how you taught me."

"What!?"

Youmu clapped her hands together in front of her as she closed her eyes, and she snapped her fingers afterwards. After she opened her eyes, the flames returned into their crimson colors, the translucent beings vanished, and in front of her, stood Doremy.

She was about to plunge the kunai into Youmu's body, but Youmu slapped her arm which is swinging the kunai away, before she yet again thrusted her sword into Doremy's chest and pulled it out.

This time, it was for real as she did not dissipate into blue flames, but she can still stand. Youmu stepped back before dashing forwards, and jumped over her to get behind, and thrusted Hakuroken through her back.

"Doremy-Sama... Forgive me."

"You've grown stronger... Youmu."

幻殺
Phantom Execution

Youmu stood up, regaining her posture, and took a deep breath. She looked around, but the Divine Miko is nowhere to be found.

A watery sound was then heard, and Youmu felt a tingle on her chest. She looked down to see a gigantic blade of a nodachi piercing through her heart. Youmu begins to cough out blood and fell down, as the blade slides out of her body.

The current Youmu widened her eyes as she sees the perpetrator, but then she finds herself being transported back through a spiritual rift, back to where the hermit resides.

Youmu gasped, and opened her eyes widely before she took a couple of deep breaths.

"You're back. So what do you witness?"

"I'd rather not tell you, Hermit. Anyway, aren't you a bit pale?"

"Ah yes... It's the Divine Plague. It seeps into my skin... Deep inside my being. I have to admit, it's hard to breathe now."

"Anything I can do for you, though?"

"Bring me some sake... The strong ones, maybe I'll get better afterwards."

"But... The Divine Plague? This is the first time I've heard of it."

"You can ask Reisen about the rest. Her master is currently looking for a cure for the plague."

"Maybe another time, Hermit. I need to save my Mistress. Can you still transport my spirit to one of those statues you sculpted?"

"Sure, I still got the strength to do it. Come over here."

Kasen, the hermit, then put her hand onto Youmu's head, and chanted a spell which then transports Youmu through a spiritual rift. The next time Youmu opens her eyes she would find herself back at the fortress, at the statue near the place where she met the Saint of Gensokyo.

- To Be Continued