The End - Douji

Youmu wakes up in front of the statue beside the altar, and she gasped as she looked to her left, the Divine Miko's body is lying there on the wooden floor.

Youmu went to her side, shaking her body, but she didn't wake up.

"So, you have arrived, my child."

Youmu looked up, to see a figure out on the roof. A man, towering over her,  with white hair and beard, a pair of blue eyes, and he wears a white kimono underneath a gray cape.

"Father..."

"You must be asking

"You must be asking... Why am I here? Why am I still alive, aren't you?"

"The first one, yes. The other, no."

"I've faked my death back at the Hieda Estate. Now with the Divine Miko at our clutches, we can rule over the land, and get rid of these invaders."

"You... Wished for domination?"

"Indeed, My Child. That way, everyone will know and fear our names."

"I... I don't know what to say."

"Remember our warrior's code. Your father's orders are absolute. The Divine Miko is only behind me."

This shook Youmu to the very core. She had obtained a legendary, yet dangerous weapon and now here she is, in front of her adoptive father, who wanted to take control of the entire land.

But then again, Youmu couldn't disobey her father, right?

"Now, my child. What do you decide?"

"I obey."

"Are you sure of your decision? You are to forsake the Divine Miko, remove all kinds of emotions right away. You have no relation to her anymore."

"I obey, Father. I shall forsake the Divine Miko... And I will follow you."

With that, Youmu has lost all sense of her humanity... Only loyalty to her adoptive father. She knelt down, and her father, Youki, patted her head out of proudness.

But then, he looked up, behind Youmu to see a figure approaching.

"Ah, she's still here...?"

Youmu turned around, to see a familiar face. A pair of rabbit ears, those beautiful red orbs for eyes... And beautiful, flowing long hair. The figure is no other than Reisen, her lover.

But now, she is nothing but an obstacle to Youmu.

"It is a shame. I do not wish to eliminate the apprentice to the great Yagokoro Eirin..."

Youki then threw a kunai, which Reisen deflected by firing danmaku.

"Impressive... Well, I guess I shall leave my child to deal with you."

Youki then leaned on close to Youmu's ear, and whispered.

"Finish her, I shall be off for a moment."