o n e

A/n

this fic is currently a work in progress, please point out any errors to me and i'll fix them :)

-

i pull mum and dad into a tight hug just outside of platform 9 and 3 quarters. they stopped coming in with us back in fourth year, but i still tear up none the less. saying goodbye always hurts. but mum always reminds us that this is never goodbye, and family is forever.

i wipe my tears with the paws of my sweater as blaise hugs them, as he's done he throws his left arm around me, pulling me into a half-embrace. i'm always grateful for the zabinis. grateful that i had a family so willing to invite me into their home with open arms. blaise has never once said anything negative about me (to my face). he treats me like a friend, and i love him for that.

when i see blaise, i see a brother. although he may be loud and obnoxious and sometimes too crude to handle, he'd hex anyone who messed with his family. i admire him for this.

with the turn of our heels, we push our carts onto the platform without a second look. she is one of the strongest, most courageous woman i've ever met, and everyday i'm amazed at the kindness she's shown towards me.

she took me in as if i were her own daughter. she and my mum were the best of friends in their hogwarts years, and she always says that i look like her. i think that deep down, it hurts her to see me sometimes. to be reminded of who she's lost. but she powers through it, and comes back stronger each time.

after we both safely cross over the barrier, blaise offers me a warm smile as he goes off to meet his friends. i take a moment to bask in my surroundings. coming back to hogwarts is like taking a breath of fresh air. my eyes follow blaise, and i see him saunter up to the boy with platinum blond hair.

draco malfoy. draco has always been indifferent towards me, but then again, i think he's indifferent towards everyone but slytherins. it's always hit or miss with him, when we were kids, sometimes he'd tell me i did a good job during a quidditch game, or tell me that a joke i made in herbology was funny. but now, he's distant. it seems that he's colder, more abrasive than ever. he turns his head back to look at me, his signature sneer written on his face. i lower my head and scurry off to find my friends.

after searching hogwarts express for what feels like hours, i finally find where i'm supposed to be. i slide the door open, and with a thump i drop my trunk onto the floor near my feet. i know that i'll be too tired to get it from above later.

across from me sits my two best friends. they're my rocks truly, i think i'd be in azkaban if it weren't for them. i wait for one of the two to look up, it's jules who does first.

"holy shit! miss girl got hot!" she yells as i blush. she's not right, and she's not wrong either. i was a weird looking kid! my hair was patchy, and my teeth grew in all the wrong directions. but over the summer i took it upon myself to not only change my appearance, but be happy with the end result. i got wizard braces, which were on and off within the snap of moms fingers (it hurt like a bitch, but i got ice cream for days). i learned what a skin care routine was, and boy was it magical.

jules' crude joke gets the attention of luna, who looks up at me with her big doe eyes. her smiles so contagious i find myself grinning right back.

"oh venus, your nargles are nearly gone!" she exclaims, her voice as whimsical as ever. she rests her chin on her palm as she gazes over at me.

i chuckle a bit at luna. everyone calls her loony, but really i think that out of everyone at hogwarts, shes the smartest. i think that she truly sees more than the average wizard; she has gifts. she also happens to be one of the kindest students we have. during first year, luna went out of her way to sit beside me in every class that we had together. i really struggled with making friends at first. i was shy and people knew that i was related to blaise, a well known slytherin, which automatically put me in their bad books. but luna never once looked at me different. she was always kind and soft spoken, never rude, but she never once let anyone undermine her.