t h i r t y e i g h t

warning: sexual content

i leave the steamy bathroom to go join draco on his bed. i flop down next to him, tangling our legs together at the first chance that i'm given. his hand makes its way to my face, he cups my cheek gently.

"how are you feeling?" he asks, his voice slightly groggy. i smile up at him, biting my lip gently.

"i'm good," i say honestly. his eyes light up as he smiles back at me.

"dumbledore gave us the next two days off." his thumb strokes small circles on the apple of my cheek.

"what day is it?" i ask. i assume that it's wednesday, but i'm not too sure. draco smiles softly at me.

"thursday," he whispers. i furrow my eyebrows, confused as to how i was a day off. "don't overthink it," he lets out a small laugh, rolling his eyes softly. i huff at him, but i can't seem to help fight the smile that quirks at my lips.

"so, we have two days," he drawls. "and i've been told that there's a party tomorrow, if you're up for it." he quirks a brow up at me. i grin at him, loving the feeling of normalcy again.

"rest today, party tomorrow," i tell him, stretching my neck up to press a lingering kiss to his lips. he melts into it, immediately carding his fingers into my hair.

"missed you so much," he mumbles against my lips. i pull away to smile at him, but i can't help the yawn that escapes my lips. he chuckles softly. i'm in awe at how many times i've seen him laugh today, it gives me butterflies. "tired?" i nod my head. he pulls my in closer to him, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

he accio's us a blanket, covering both of us up. i'm instantly sated, basking in the newfound warmth. his hand in my hair continues to massage my scalp. his fingers knead small circles into my hair, trailing them around my scalp. for the first time in a week, i feel safe as i drift to sleep.

when i awake in dracos arm the room is pitch black. outside of the window i can see the silhouette of the giant squid swimming through the lake. dracos breath above me is coming out in hot puffs against my face. he's dreaming peacefully, with his eyes softly fluttered shut and his eyelashes resting gently against his cheeks. i reach my hand up to gently brush my thumb along the sharp edge of his cheek bone, loving the feeling of having him in my arms again. i sigh, nuzzling my head into his chest as i fall asleep sleep once more, merlin knows i need it.

the feeling of fingers brushing through my hair stirs me awake. dracos hoisted up on one arm, looking down at me with soft eyes.

"look who's finally awake," he mumbles sarcastically. i smile and raise an eyebrow at him. "it's four in the afternoon." my eyes shoot open almost comically at that. he laughs before pulling away to stretch his arms above his head. while he does so, his hoodie rides up slightly, exposing his toned abdomen.

"my eyes are up here," he laughs. i find myself laughing back at him. i get myself up and reach for dracos hair brush on the side of the bed. i quickly get ready, i'm fuelled by my need to eat. i charm my mouth clean, not enjoying the slick feeling it leaves behind, but it will do. draco crosses the room to get to me, closing the distance between us. he takes my chin between his thumb and forefinger before leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. he pulls away before it can develop any further, but it leaves behind unsaid promises for tonight.

the walk to the great hall is quiet as we bask in each other presences. i rest my head against his shoulder before we part our ways. he makes his way to the slytherin table. i see blaise and theo sitting side-by-side. blaise offers me a warm smile, theo's on the other hand is goofy. i grin back at the both of them before i'm suddenly encased in a hug. suddenly, another pair of arms wrap around my, each person pulling me closer to themselves.