e i g h t

A/N

malfoy's bipolar i swear

sunday passes by in a blur. i haven't seen draco since saturday and i'm honestly dreading it. what if he just said yes so that he could blackmail me somehow? what if he starts telling people that i'm easy? i shake my head to clear my thoughts. a second later jules dirty blonde hair comes into sight. i smile as she shrugs on her robes and grabs her wand.

"i don't think i'll ever get used to being up this early," her voice is laced with sleep. "do you think snape would take away points if i napped in potions?" i hope she's joking, snape would jump at any given opportunity to take points away from hufflepuff.

i give her a light smile as we turn to leave our dorm. the walk to potions is slow and quiet, neither of us having the energy to talk. i feel jules perk up to my right as we enter in the class, but just as fast as she perked up she quickly deflates. my eyes follow hers and i see the reason why.

both malfoy's and theo's chairs are empty.

i try not to let myself overthink, maybe the just slept in? i think hopefully.

we both take our respective seats and wait for snapes lecture to begin. jules puts her head down at the exact moment the two walk into the classroom. malfoy walks with more grace than theo, but theo walks with more confidence and pep. i nervously avert my eyes, looking anywhere but at him.

i watch as theo gently tugs on jules' hair as he makes his way to his seat, she glares up at him. its so easy to see how smitten she is for him and his goofy ways.

i can feel malfoy's presence from behind me as he slides into his spot, his hand just barely grazing my shoulder as he does so. he was so close i can still smell his cologne. teakwood, green apple and a hint of spearmint.

snapes monotone voice fills the class and i catch myself zoning out again. i'm staring off into the distance when i feel something thin and sharp poke my hand. it's parchment. malfoy is passing me notes.
i think my brain is malfunctioning.

' what's so interesting on that wall?"

his neat writing takes up only a smidge of space, so i write my response underneath.

'anything's more interesting than snape'

compared to him my writing looks atrocious. he hear him let out a small huff, i think it could almost be a laugh.

'how do you expect to pass potions if you don't pay attention?'

he quirks his eyebrow at me as if he's challenging me.

'i'll cheat off of you of course'

with this draco let's out what i'm positive is a laugh, no matter how quiet it was. his nimble fingers reach out to take the parchment back, he gently tucks it into his potions book.

in defence we work on our deflecting spells, for which i'm partnered up with cedric. however, the entire time i can't help but wonder what those around us think when they see us working together. does the whole school think i'm sleeping with him?

my classes pass quickly with nothing very interesting occurring.

it seems as though every day this week is repeating itself, and i become more and more anxious the closer we get to the weekend.

when saturday finally comes i'm almost hyperventilating at the idea of hogsmead.

"i think i should just tell him that i feel sick," i'm circled up on my bed in fetal position facing jules. she rolls her blue eyes at me and sticks out her tongue.