f i v e

A/N
let me know how you're liking it
let me know who you hate ;)
this is kinda a filler chapter

studying with malfoy was bad. it wasn't terrible, he didn't insult me anymore after blaise left. instead, he resorted to not speaking to me at all; which was fine, it's not like i care.

okay maybe i care a little. i just don't see where he gets off on being a utter ponce to me! i came here to be civil and work on this project together, maybe even bounce a few ideas off of one another, but every time i even considered speaking i'd shut my mouth and look down at the parchment below. coward. i am such a coward.

after two hours of working on our project, i decided to call it a night. i clear my throat lightly and stand, giving him a halfhearted wave as i head toward the common room entrance. he doesn't even acknowledge me and that's what hurts.

i can deal with being poked fun at, being told that i'm 'such a hufflepuff', but i absolutely cannot deal with silence.

the entrance slides apart, the sound of concrete sliding on concrete fills my ears and makes me cringe ever so slightly. i refuse to look back at malfoy as i step through and begin to make my way towards my dorm.

i go out of my way to work on a project with him past curfew and risk getting caught just so that i can be ignored for two hours? that's bloody rubbish.

after several twisted corridors and a few flights of moving stairs, i finally see my common room. home. so much more welcoming than the dungeons, with its musky scent and lack of daylight. i mumble our password, which happens to be 'honeysilk' this year.

"lumos," i whisper as i enter the pitch black room, the only light other than my wand is coming from the fireplace. it's gorgeous in here. i take in a deep breath and allow myself to relax for a moment. allow myself to let my guard down and feel at peace.

after a minute of doing so, i head to my right and begin to make my way to my dorm, excited to lay in my warm bed. 

"nox." the light at the end of my wand extinguishes as i fumble with the door to my dorm. i slowly push it open with a sigh. i kick off my shoes and shut the door behind me with a 'click'.

"dude," i hear jules' sleep rattled voice in the darkness," did you suck his dick or what?" i feel my face flush at the insinuation. i walk towards my bed and grab the first thing i find, my pillow. i turn quickly and hurl it at her with all my might.

"don't you ever say that," i gasp, i'm offended that she'd think that i would stoop that low. "he was a git the whole time, barely said a word to me," i sniff, trying to appear indifferent.

"maybe he was trying to seduce you," she snorts, showing my pillow back at me and shoving her face back into her pillow.

"goodnight to you too," i mumble sarcastically, although i don't really mean it. it's not like anything interesting happened while working on the project anyways.

i hastily change into my pyjamas (a pair of loose shorts and a bra) and head towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. it's there that i'm forced to be face to face with myself in the mirror.

i'm not bad-looking per-say, i'm actually quiet proud of my "glow-up." in jules words i 'used to be fugly'. which is honestly the truth, but how my long brown hair flows delicately past my shoulders, and my white teeth are all aligned neatly in a row. i quirk a smile to myself as i reach for the toothpaste and begin to brush my teeth.

after spitting and rinsing, i move onto my hair. my hair has always been difficult, it gets knotted easy and has split ends, but somehow i manage to make it not look atrocious. i brush through the leftover knots and massage my scalp gently.

i glance over to my left and consider showering, but decide against it, it can be done in the morning. for now, i just want to sleep.

i hit the light switch on the way out and shut the door, walking sluggishly back to my bed. once there, i tuck myself under my fluffy blanket and reach out instinctively to find my stuffed bear. once in my grasp, i sigh gently, hugging it to my chest.

my dreams are filled with platinum blonde hair.

i wake up on my own this time, and with a quick glance to my right i can see that jules is still sleeping, meaning that it must be around six. ugh.

i get up out of bed, too lazy to make it now i decide to make it before i leave. i make my way to my dresser and open up the top drawer where i find a sweater, and then continue to grab my garments. my robe in the third drawer, my bra and underwear in the fourth drawer.

i make my way once again over to the bathroom and feel déjà vu hit me, i was here just hours ago. i shut the door behind me, and lock it for extra measures. i don't shower with it unlocked ever since jules dumped flour on me in fourth year.

i sigh as i undress and feel the cold air caress my bare skin, leaving me with goosebumps. i go over to the shower and turn the knob to warm. while waiting, i rub my hands over my arms in attempt to generate some heat. after a few seconds i can see the steam fogging up the glass, and decide that it's warm enough to enter.

i step into the warm cascade of water and sigh contentedly. i quickly shampoo and condition my hair, leaving time to wash my body with my body wash. i inhale as it suds on my skin, leaving me smelling like vanilla and musk.

after rinsing myself off, i step out of the shower to dry off. i get dress with little struggle and leave my towels on the rack for the house elves to grab later.

i step out of the bathroom and im faced with reality. in thirty minutes, i'll have to sit beside draco malfoy.