t w e n t y f o u r

warning:
mention of sexual assault

that night i'm barely able to sleep, i lay awake overthinking every interaction i've had within the past week. nothing makes sense to me, everything's all wrong.

the day is hazy, everything the professors say go in one ear and out the other. i'm just glad that i have jules by my side for all of it. she takes extra diligent notes, writing small tidbits in the margins so that i can understand it when i go over them later. it's the last class before we break for lunch, muggle studies. it seems to be just my luck that we have almost all of our classes with slytherin.

blaise gives me concerned looks from across the class where he sits with theo and draco. merlin, i can't even look at him. he looks empty, completely void of any emotion. it's a real surprise that he actually showed up today. his face is healing nicely however, and blaise is on friendly terms with him once again. i'm glad, i hope draco talks to him.

of course, it's my luck that draco and i happen to be the last ones in the class. even professor burbage has left for the great hall. he's taking his time gathering his belongings, moving sluggishly as he does so. after tucking my quill into my bag i make the decision to approach him.

he doesn't even look up at me while he speaks. "i said," he pauses, as if talking takes up too much energy. "leave me the fuck alone," his voice is venomous. i stand my ground against him.

"how did you know about the bear?" draco freezes at that, staring blankly ahead. i quirk up an eyebrow even though he's not looking at me. he turns ever so slightly, just so that i can see the side of his face. he seems to have gotten paler, the fading bruises contrasting greatly against his skin.

he sneers, closing his eyes as he speaks. "get the fuck away from me!" he shouts, bringing a fist down onto the table in front of us. i jump slightly at it, taken aback by the sudden outburst.

draco leaves first, leaving me cowering in the classroom by myself. i take a moment to gather myself, not wanting anyone to see how shaken up i am. i inhale deeply through my nose before exhaling through my mouth. i got this.

i exit the muggle studies classroom with my head held high. the hallway is deserted as i head toward the great hall. suddenly, i'm pushed against the wall by a strong hand. my eyes dart up and i come face to face with marcus flint.

"hey baby," he purrs, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. i cringe as i try to free myself from his grasp. his grip around my arm tightens.

i whimper in pain, "that hurts." i keep my gaze down, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"aw," he just out his bottom lip to feign a pout. "little venus is sad." he uses his free hand to grasp my chin, forcing us to make eye contact. "how many days did it take malfoy to get into your pants?" he asks, smirking evilly. "c'mon baby, answer me." he's getting more aggressive, his grip on my chin tightens.

he tuts slightly, starting deep into my eyes.  "and he just threw you to the side after," his look reigns sadness, but his eyes show his malicious intent. "i wouldn't do that to you, venus. no, i'd keep you around for a bit." he leans in so that his nose brushes against mine. i struggle in his grasp for a few moments, it's hopeless.

i hear the sound of footsteps approaching and i count my lucky stars. thank god, i think. it's draco, i silently thank the gods that this is over, i can just go and eat lunch now. but draco has other plans, he scoffs as he sees me pushed up against the wall by flint.

"nice rebound, zabini." i don't miss the anger that flashes in his eyes.

draco doesn't help me. he continues on his way, not once turning back.

"see, i even have his blessing." marcus' hand travels down ever so slightly, so that he's caressing my throat. i close my eyes in fear. this cannot be happening.

"don't be scared," he whispers, pushing my arm against the wall harder. his grip is tight enough to leave bruises, i'm sure it will.

"stop!" i yell after finally gaining the courage. his hand darts up from my neck to cover my mouth. i can hear the blood rushing in my ears. fuck. hot tears stream down my face, they're stopped by flints hand. he chuckles as he feels them. he freezes when he hears the sound of voices coming from the hall. he doesn't have enough time to hide, and he knows what it looks like.

soon enough, theo and jules both come into view, seemingly lost in their own conversation. the tears come faster now, and i have never been more grateful for them.

"hey!" i hear theos voice echo through the hall as marcus lets go of me, letting me fall to the floor in a heap. jules rushes over to me as theo chases after marcus. she crouches down so that we're at eye level

"hey venus," she whispers, trying to keep her voice as soft as she can. "you're alright. come on." she places her arm under my shoulder, pulling me up off the ground.

"draco walked by," i stutter out. jules tries to calm me down by stroking my back, rubbing it in small circles. "he didn't do anything, jules." i sob, thinking of what could have happened if it weren't for theo and jules.

a/n
i really just want to thank you guys for all the support it really means so much :)