t e n

a/n
i really do be writing this instead of studying

this is more of a filler

the first thing i realize in the morning is the weight around my waist and smell of apples invading my nose. the memories of last night come flashing back to me and i cringe internally. merlin i can't believe the way that i acted last night. more importantly, i can't believe that malfo-, draco, i correct myself, was such a gentleman.

"morning," his deep,  raspy voice gives me goosebumps. i hum back in response.

"good morning," i hear Theo's chipper voice ring from across the room. draco's body shoots up from behind me, his arm grabs the pillow that was cushioning his head and he hurls it at theo.

"theo," he sighs. "get the fuck out," his words are harsh but his voice is soft. theo let's out a girl-ish scream and laughs as he gets up to leave. on his way out he flips both of us off for extra-measures.

"we uh," i turn around so that draco and i are face to face. "we should work on the project today." draco's  hand trails itself up and down the side of my waist rhythmically, i let my eyes flutter shut at the feeling. i feel draco lean in closer to me, his hair tickles my face as he places small, fleeting kisses on my neck. merlin i want him so bad, but i know that i cant jump into... whatever this is with him. not without knowing that he wont end up hurting me. "draco," i sniff, pulling my head back so that i can look into his pale eyes.  "i'm not a slut," i start off, my tone as neutral as can be.  "I dont want to have sex with you, we've only just started talking without wanting to rip the others head off."

"are you done?" merlin hes beautiful. his hair flops gently over his eyes as he gazes at me, his plump bottom lip caught between his teeth. before continuing on, he grabs my small hand in his, fiddling with my fingers. i feel the cool glide of his rings against my warm hand, and soon enough my stomach fills with unwanted butterflies.  "not everything i do has an ulterior motive." his smile shows that theres no hard feelings, but i still feel bad for even insinuating that. "maybe," he starts," i give you affection because i trust you. " the butterflies in my  stomach are having a fucking rave at this point, and i can just tell that my cheeks are flaming red.

it seems as though all i can utter is a measly, "oh." he chuckles lowly at me and repeats it back to me with a goofy grin on his face.

"but i suppose youre right, we should work on the project today," his posh voice drawls on.

time seems to fly by us as we work. occasionally i get distracted by draco, he's just so mesmerizing. before i even realize it, its time for dinner in the great hall, and draco and i have completed a sufficient amount of work.

as we head down to the great hall, i feel draco's presence drifting further from me, but say nothing because I'm probably just overreacting. its not like were dating, right? we both head our separate ways as we enter in silence, draco goes the right as i go to the left. as soon as my eyes settle on the huffelpuff table i see both cedric and jules deep in conversation. once i finally reach them, i slide my leg in the middle of them to force them apart and squeeze myself in between them. with a huff, i plop onto the bench and rest my head on the table.

"what, didnt sleep well last night?" cedric giggles as he ruffles my hair while also gently moving loose strands away from the mashed potatoes.

"she couldnt sleep!" jules exclaims, throwing her right arm over my shoulder. i let out a sigh and sulk more than humanely possible. "she was too busy shagging malfoy," her hushed voice is laced with small giggles. i pick my head up and lean my chin on my hand.

"i didnt sleep with draco, jules." i deadpan as i use my free hand to pick up a spoon to draw shapes in the mashed potatoes.

"what do you mean you didnt sleep with draco?" her hand shoots out to grab mine, pulling all of my attention to her.

"i was drunk, jules. he said he didn't want to while i was drunk." i shrug my shoulders nonchalantly as i hear cedric let out a low whistle while shaking his head slowly.

"salazars beard," i hear from my left. "theo and i shagged last night." jules attempt at whisper-shouting is just that, an attempt. after processing her words i scrunch my face up in confusion.

"but theo was in his dorm this morning?" how could that be? neither draco nor i heard them enter the room, there's no way they wouldn't have woken us.

"we didn't do it in a dorm," she mumbles bashfully, "we did it in the corridor." i choke on air when i hear her and i let out a shriek, slapping cedrics arm gently as I'm unable to hold in my shock. i turn to him he playfully pulls me against his chest.

"stay away from the innocent one, you'll corrupt her," he jokes, stroking my hair with one hand, and half covering my ear with the other. i laugh gently and allow myself to be hugged. im pulled out of our little bubble by the sight of draco storming out of the hall.