s i x t e e n

a/n
i'm loving the comments guys

snows falling at hogwarts as we approach winter break. draco and i have finished our potions assignment. although, if i'm being honest i wasn't much help. draco liked to refer to me as the 'eye candy for the artist'. git.

with christmas coming up and the temperature dropping, i get to see more of dracos ruddy cheeks. our relationships gone smoothly, with a few bumps due to his jealousy or overthinking. a lot of his trouble is eased when cedric sits down at the library with us one evening.

he drops himself down into the chair adjacent to us and folds his hands neatly on the table. he clears his throat lightly before stating," i'm gay." i reach my hand over and take his in my own, stroking my thumb on the back of his hand. draco nods his head once, but turns back to the assignment. cedric stares at him, waiting for him to let out some type of a reaction.

"what, do you want a fucking parade? do you want me to get your flowers?" draco snaps at him as i giggle. "salazar, you hufflepuffs can't do anything without making it sappy." he rolls his eyes, but i can feel the relief radiating off of him. ever since the night in the great hall dracos been jealous that i have a 'thing' for cedric, or that cedric has a 'thing' for me. he switches between the two depending on the argument.

today, it's a hogsmeade trip. jules was estatic to tell me that she tricked theo into going with her. she told him that they needed to pick up supplies for their potion, and poor theo believed her. he didn't realize that snape had provided all of the ingredients, jules had just thrown them away. everyday i find myself wondering how she didn't end up in slytherin. maybe her and theo would be a good match after all.

the snow falls around draco and i as we walk to hogsmeade. i'm kept warm by one of dracos hoodies, along with a warming charm that encases the two of us. draco isn't much of a hand holder, he prefers to hook his pinky around mine. occasionally, he brings my hand to his mouth to press fluttering kisses to my hand.

we enter the three broomsticks and take a seat nestled away in the corner. the atmosphere is bursting with livelihood as people chat about their plans for the holidays. above us is a dimly lit lantern that plasters us in a golden glow.

when the waitress approaches us, draco slips her an extra galleon to not look at his ID as he orders us both a fire whiskey. neither of us plan on getting drunk tonight, but it's always nice to be able to relax.

"are you going home for the holidays?" he asks me, his hand grazing mine as he reaches for the chips on the table.

"yeah." i smile when i think of home. "is your family hosting a new years part again?"

he rolls his eyes as if it's obvious, which i suppose it should be. the malfoy's are known for having the most attended new years party in england.

"although i suppose it won't be as boring as it usually is if you're there as my date?" he quirks his eyebrow up at me and i feign a gasp.

"draco malfoy." i fan my face with my hand," are you asking me to be your date to your new years party?" i smirk at him as he scoffs.

"sometimes i wonder why i associate myself with you," he grumbles, a smile quirking it's way onto his face. i watch as he gazes ever so slightly at the roof, as though something magical is happening up there.

"mistletoe," he rasps. my cheeks heat up as he leans across the table and takes my jaw in his hand, cupping it gently. the kiss is soft and slow, our tongues dance around one another. as he pulls back slowly, he leans back in once more to press a kiss to the tip of my nose.

"you're gorgeous, you know." hes saying this to spite me, he just wants to see my face turn an indescribable shade of red. i stick my tongue out at him as i cross my arms.

"you're a git, you know." draco chokes out a laugh at that, mirroring me by crossing his arms as well.

"wow," he huffs. "i'm nice for the first time in my life and this is how i'm treated?" he turns his nose up to me, faking a sneer as he does so.

"you are insufferable." this time it's my turn to lean across the table and pull him into a kiss. i feel him smile into it as it deepens ever so slightly. before it can get too heated i pull away, not wanting to give all of hogsmeade a free show. he nips lightly at my lips as i do so.

"you're a prat," he mumbles after pulling back. the smile on his face tells me otherwise.